Mockingbird 'boss'

Home Forums Birding General Bird Q&As Mockingbird 'boss'

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

rolltide
    Participant

We have a mockingbird ‘boss’ that is driving away our other birds. We have withheld food, moved feeders, erected new feeders – nothing seems to help. This behavior started about 4 weeks ago and seems to be getting more aggressive. There is no evidence of nesting in the area – he just sits on a tree branch ready to swoop down to scare off our other birds. Any suggestions?

#5097834 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

About the only thing you can to is put a feeder out of sight of the other one. That way he can’t guard both feeders. If your offering seeds in your feeder I’m surprised he would be that aggressive during non mating season unless maybe hes got a site picked out for a nest in the not too distant future. I have lots of mockingbirds here and at least one of them does visit my feeders but theres raisins mixed in with my seed and hes picking those out. When he comes to eat the other birds do leave but soon as hes finished they come  back. Theres also suet hanging in a tree in my front yard that the mockingbirds like.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.