Melissa and others that I shared this geranium with

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Melissa and others that I shared this geranium with

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  tealbirdIA_Z4 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Thanks to MDgreenery, I found this website with the names of some of my nameless geraniums. This is one of them

Geranium ‘Mrs. Pollock’

A legendary geranium from 1858, ‘Mrs. Pollock’ has tricolor leaves of brick red, gold and grass green. It has stood the test of time and is still one of the best available today. Grow in porous clay pots, as geraniums prefer being on the dry side.

Annual; tender perennial; 1-1.5 ft tall
    Bloom Time: Summer to fall
    Color: Red
    Full sun
    Soil: Rich, well-drained
    Hardiness Zones: 9,10
    Hardiness: TA

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5265941 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

Thanks for finding the name of it.  It has such pretty leaves it just lights up!  It has gotten to be a good size and I am going to attempt to overwinter it, tho no promises it will survive!  I have so many things I want to bring in Dh will think we live in a jungle!

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5265943 Report Abuse
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

I love this one and all the geraniums I have recieved from you.

Can you give me the name of that website?

Kathy zone4

Find more about Weather in Sioux Falls, SD

#5265947 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Very pretty leaves!  I think I have seen that geranium name in greenhouses!

#5265958 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Melissa….your DH will get used to the jungle look…..mine has….lol

Margba….it has orange flowers

Kathy….it is Select seeds.  Just type in geraniums in the search on that site and you will find many geraniums.  There are even a few I don’t have….yet…..lol.  Charlene

Here is a pic of mine in bloom

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5265984 Report Abuse
    Lair
    Lair
    Participant

I have this one but the last couple years the leaves are almost all green now.  I took cuttings last fall and started it over but the new plant still has the green leaves with hardly any coloration in the leaves.  Does it need fertilizer or what could wrong?  Let me know what you think.  Lair

#5265985 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Sorry to tell you Char, that I killed Mrs.Pollack, or a close relative…very hard to grow for me…

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5266011 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Lair…I have part of one plant that has gone back to green.  I think the key is lots of sun, but you surely have that in your GH.  Lucky for you….I know where you can get another one….next time I see you.  LOL

Ili….that one is a Vancouver Centennial……I have that as well and dearly love it.

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5266012 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Oh my those are a definite got to have.  I have never seen them here but sure will be checking it out next year.  I am a nut for different color leaves in plants.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5266095 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Bette….I will keep that in mind when I do cuttings the end of August….I am NOT taking all of the huge geraniums in the GH this year.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5266096 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Thanks Charlene.  I am thinking the same thing about what I am bring in this fall to the house.  My cuttings did quite well that I did last fall and they sure take up a lot less space.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5266100 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

Charlene that is the one you shared with me last year…(Vancouver Centennial) and it is huge now too. I have it in the shade and it has bloomed constantly all summer. I have also started a couple of the cuttings on that one.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5266274 Report Abuse

tealbirdIA_Z4
    Participant

I Guess I have mine in too much sun. West of house and does get some shade all am and later in the day. It is so pretty.

I gave a pot of Rain lilies and a golden fusion that will bloom to the GD’s that were here this Sat and Sun.

Got to go swimming  with the girls – Abbie has beautiful long arms and does and even – slow and long stroke. Katie is 7 and like a little frog – up and down – giggles. The girls played well together.

Got to babysit at the motel. We watched the DVD of Frozen. They loved it – and knew what was going to happen. Then they went to sleep and so did I.

Am trying to pare down my plants to bring in – but as you all know – that is easier said than done.

Made it W/O a nap – get hair cut tomorrow. Alma

<*)~// Tealbird

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.