Looking forward to butterfly season 2014

Home Forums Gardening Bugs and Butterflies Looking forward to butterfly season 2014

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Tennduckie Tennduckie 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

I hope that this year more Monarchs will show up in my garden.  Last year, just when I prepared everything for them to build their families, only one appeared.  Sure there were sightings of a few Swallowtail, but not enough for my liking.

What are you planning to do to increase your butterfly population?

Stella
    Community Team Member

#4784182 Report Abuse
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

I hope so to Stella .It was a strange summer without them. I’ve started some butterfly weed  this year in hopes to get more butterflies. Time will tell. I wish it was summer now.

Sandy M.

#4784736 Report Abuse
    luvmyb_b
    luvmyb_b
    Participant

I’m looking forward to butterfly visits too, ladies.  Last year really was slow around here.  This year I will be sure to have plenty of zinnias and tithonia.  Hopefully that will help!  I didn’t see anything enjoying either of my spots where I have butterfly weed, and I only saw one swallowtail cat on the parsley last year.  That sure seemed odd.

PilgrimIndiansiggy photo PilgrimIndiansiggy.jpg
    Karen
    NW Ohio
    Zn5

#4798792 Report Abuse

jaguae
    Participant

I sure hope we have Monarchs but don’t know :(

Monarch Population at Record Low

http://bit.ly/1jFlzRY

#4823326 Report Abuse
    Tennduckie
    Tennduckie
    Participant

Stella , I am going to have zinnias everywhere I think … lol .. they loved my neighbors and the monarchs didnt show up here in TN until about sept and oct … plus I have another butterfly bush on order

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.