Looking for beet ideas

Home Forums Gardening Veggie Gardening Looking for beet ideas

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by margba margba 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

belle_pa
    Participant

I’ve been looking on the net for things to make with beets.  I’ve found everything from red velvet cake,  cookies,  vegetarian burgers,  meat loaf.   It’s amazing all the foods that are good with beets added.

Do you have a favorite way to use your beets?

#5277933 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

I have a good beet jelly recipe…. My mom used to make it and it is good…

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5278594 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Beet jelly?  How about plain ol’ pickled beets?  They make those in all sorts of interesting ways now!  I just saw them prepare a baked beets dish w/ goat cheese, basil, mint on it, sprinkled w/ lemon juice!  Sounded sooooo good & mouth watering! I think it also had some cinnamon in it!  Beet soups are great, too!  Known as borscht, I believe.

#5280232 Report Abuse

belle_pa
    Participant

Thank you margba.  Right now beets are like corn was about 2 weeks ago.  We’ve been eating beets a lot.  Yesterday I made a vegetarian beet chili and it was soooooooooooooo good that the gd’s and dil had 2nds.   I’ve been doing more vegetarians dishes because of some health problems and am amazed that we do not miss the meat.

#5280338 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Wow!  Beet chili sounds awesome!  Yesterday I had some beet potato chips!  They were great!

#5280339 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Sharon, care to share your beet recipe?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.