Looking for a clematis

Home Forums Gardening General Gardening Q&As Looking for a clematis

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by plantdoctorzn4 plantdoctorzn4 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

koidoc
    Participant

Hi….I’m wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to buy a “Mrs. Robert Brydon” Clematis?  I live near Rockford, Illinois and so far have been unable to find one.  I used to have this growing at my last house and now I’ve moved and I would love to have another one.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Vic

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Jill Staake Jill Staake.
    #5141959 Report Abuse
    Jill Staake
    Jill Staake
    Keymaster

Hi Vic – I’m going to move this question to our Garden Q&A forum where other gardeners are more likely to see it. The Community Help forum is for folks who have a question about using our website or other technical issues. Hope someone helps you find your clematis!

Jill Staake (florida33girl@gmail.com)
    Birds & Blooms Community Manager
    Tampa, Florida Zone 9b

#5141961 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Hi Vic; I think you are new to the Board, right?  If so Welcome from the Eastern Shore of Va.

You will stand a better chance of getting an answer to this if you post it in Gardening.  Either on Q & A or Garden Chat or both.  Garden Chat has more people posting on a regular basis than Q & A.

I did google the name & saw a couple of nurseries mentioned.  You can try that too.

Community Help is for problems with or questions about the operation of the site itself.

Come see us in Garden Chat.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5142015 Report Abuse

koidoc
    Participant

Thank you Jill & Gayle!  I am new to the board so I wasn’t sure where to put my question so I appreciate all your help!!

Vic

#5142042 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

If you don’t get an answer here.  Ask on Garden Chat.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5142614 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Welcome, Vic.  I had never heard of that clematis, so I looked it up.  I see that several mail order catalogs sell it.  Bluestone Perennials has it….not real cheap, but they have a very good reputation.  Here is the site to go to see the information….just click on it and it should take you there.  Charlene

http://www.bluestoneperennials.com/CLRB.html

For the rest of you….here is a glimpse of the clematis:

Clematis Mrs. Robert Brydon New Item

Pillar Clematis, Bush Clematis

printer_friendly

Type: Perennials,Vines,Shrubs
    Height: Tall 6-8′ (Plant 4′ apart)
    Bloom Time: Summer to Early Fall

Sun-Shade: Full Sun to Mostly Shady

Zones: 4-10 Find Your Zone
    Soil Condition: Normal, Clay, Sandy

Flower / Accent: Lavender / White

Pot Size: 3.5″ square x 4″ deep

Blue-white starry flowers in large clusters weave an exquisite tapestry against the dark green foliage. Petals arch back to reveal prominent stamens that radiate in all directions glistening in the light. Vigorous upright habit is non-vining but can be tied to a trellis or allowed to sprawl and ramble through shrubs or grow as a pleasant billowy groundcover even in dry dappled shade. Blooms July – Sept.

Discovered here in Ohio, this spontaneous hybrid volunteered in the garden of Mrs. Elizabeth Prentiss of Cleveland in the 1930’s. Will quickly cover space under shrubs or cascade over a rock wall or down a slope.
    - See more at: http://www.bluestoneperennials.com/CLRB.html#sthash.NuCIer0l.dpuf

photo 100_1493.jpg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.