Lizzie, Marilyn…..getting the storm yet? Stay safe everyone!

Home Forums Backyard Chat General Lizzie, Marilyn…..getting the storm yet? Stay safe everyone!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Lizzie Lizzie 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    margba
    margba
    Participant

I hope it doesnt hit you too badly!  We’re concerned about powdr outages w/ this storm!  Danged groundhog!

• This topic was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by margba margba.
    #4893885 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

I just checked the Weather Channel–it should get to Beaver County around 1 a.m.–we will get snow then a lot of ice.  Tomorrow morning commute should be bad.  :(

#4893889 Report Abuse

hostalover_Ont
    Participant

<p>Half the city up here lost power a while ago but not my part. We are expecting a big dump of snow, but I am thinking that may be just a rumour!!! So long as the heat stays on!!!! (I just checked out of a window and put my head really close to the white hyacinth on the windowsill — gorgeous perfume!)</p>

#4894003 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Oh, I want some flowers in my house like that!  Gotta make a trip to the nursery soon!  Hostalover, glad you still havev power & heat!

#4895211 Report Abuse

OhioLilacLady
    Participant

Snow started here about 5 PM and we have about 2 1/2″ of fresh but it has lightened a bit for the time being.  Weather channel is now saying we ll get our bulk between 10 PM and 3 AM .  So far, no wind to speak of but that could change overnight.

Even tho’ it hasn t happened with these nasty storms we re having this winter, I do worry about the power also.  I can handle no electricity in the summer but it would drive me crazy with the cold.  Pray it stays ON !!!

Already cancelling schools and closing meetings and small businesses here for tomorrow .

Bulletin just said we re “”in the path to get 8-12″ ~~~ UGH !!!

Everyone stay safe (and warm) ~~~~ Will check in with you again tomorrow !!!

Marilyn  (NW Ohio)

#4895705 Report Abuse
    4mybackyardpa5
    4mybackyardpa5
    Participant

Marg, It’s doin nothing here and when it does I think we are to get more ice & sleet than the snow. We had Pittsburgh news on & they are having snow right now & is to move north over nite. It is to be bad in the morning. Sleepy Smiley Face

photo 123.gif

#4897108 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

We’re supposed to get about 6-8″starting soon just in time to mess up the morning commute. I’m hoping it will be all snow and no ice. So far they’re saying it will be all snow. It is supposed to snow all day.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#4904293 Report Abuse
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

We have about 4-5 in. now, they are saying 10+ for us but thankfully we will not get the freezing rain today. I guess we’ll have our work cut out for us today – shoveling and another one coming in for Sunday.  Oh well I guess it is still winter.

photo signature_1.gif

#4907108 Report Abuse
    Resa_NS
    Resa_NS
    Participant

It will be here later today about 10″ predicted,:(

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Resa_NS Resa_NS.
    #4907587 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

Marg…..I saw a report on Good Morning America this morning, they said there were some 400,000 customers without power in parts of PA. My friends up there have several generators on their farm for emergencies, they heat with free gas from their gas wells.

Terry

#4909504 Report Abuse

Hiker07_IL_5
    Participant

We got about 10″ of snow since 1:30 p.m. yesterday, still getting light flurries. So tired of this white mess! I could do without the seasons changing.

#4909508 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

TERRY, THAT IS NICE ABOUT YOUR FRIENDS!  STILL NO POWER HERE — OFF SINCE 5:30AM, & WHO KNOWS FOR HOW LONG STILL,  I CANT BE ON MY TABLET LONG, AS MY BATT IS GETTING LOW!  JUST CHECKING IN!

#4909773 Report Abuse

OhioLilacLady
    Participant

Update :  1:45 PM  Wednesday ….  We have been out and about trying to get people plowed out a bit more after Mother Nature dumped another 10″ on us overnight.

Schools, businesses, churches and some factories are either closed or running low crews due to a Level 3  (absolutely NO travel on roads unless you are an emergency vehicle).  DH plowed at his 95 yr old Aunts just in case they would have to get her out for an emergency .

The actual snow seems to be lessening this afternoon but the winds are still wreaking havoc with the drifting.

We re thinking we ll probably stay inside the remainder of today and start all over again tomorrow ~~~

So far, so good on the power lines in this area .  I haven t heard of reports of outages locally.

Please, everyone stay inside, try to stay warm and be safe ~~~~

Marilyn

#4909893 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Still snowing here and has been since during the night.  I did go out and get my hair trimmed…..down the street is my beautician who has a shop in her home.  I was going to walk, but it was snowing so hard and slippery under the snow that I decided probably not a good idea.  So I hopped in the car in the garage and drove down.  Took me as long to clean the car off to come back home as it would to drive home!!!  But the neighbor’s son cleaned our driveway out with his plow after I left to go for my hair and then he appeared at beautician’s house to do her driveway, too.  Nice of him.  We could get 8-10 inches I suppose.  But school is in session here & every now and then the breeze comes up.  The birds were all feeding this morning, but not now.  The plows will be out again later, no doubt.  Pretty, if nothing else!  Just reading and loafing today.  Fixing hamburgers for supper.

#4910384 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

well, Nika dumped on us.  Woke up to about 6-7 inches of wet, icy snow.  DH and I just got in from shoveling–it took us 2 1/2 hours to just do our sidewalk and driveway.  I am tired.  We had homemade soup left over from yesterday and I make grilled cheese sandwiches.  I think I need a nap now.  I sure hope we don’t get anymore snow.
    :(

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.