Lavender Star Flower

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Lavender Star Flower

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by tinaintn7 tinaintn7 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Has anybody grown this??   I thought it was a vine but according to the tag is a bush…and rather big…  sorry the last pic shouldn’t be there..

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5308827 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

No, I haven’t seen those.  You’ll have to do another picture when it opens fully.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5308848 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

From online site

Grewia caffra 'Lavender Star Flower'

#5308855 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Very pretty!  I have not grown it!

#5308883 Report Abuse
    snowwolf57
    snowwolf57
    Participant

Ili yes I have grown this got seed from a person that goes to southAfrica  from a botanical garden at least once a year that is where most of all the delospermas originated from.  It has pretty flowers and nice fruit that stays on for a long time. I treat it like a house plant here not hardy at all. I lost mine about two years ago one winter by my lack of watering it and to close to a draft.

signature_2.gif photo signature_11_zpsd05916a9.gif

#5308923 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

That is very pretty, Ili, but I do not need any more plants….especially tropicals to over winter.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5308948 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Thank you all….yes, I learned it is from S.Africa and grows into a bush/tree if you let them…in containers you can be kept at a reasonable size..DH has a bad back and it is not willing to move any more pots….most of mine are now on wheels but still so heavy even to push them around… maybe even I could bring it into the kitchen by the sliding door, that’s  looking more like a jungle right now…

#5309091 Report Abuse
    tinaintn7
    tinaintn7
    Participant

ili, it is a beautiful color. Ive never seen 1. I like seeing plants ive never heard of.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.