Just saying hello! from GALLY

Home Forums Gardening Veggie Gardening Just saying hello! from GALLY

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  albertagran 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Gally
    Participant

I think it’s been MANY months since I’ve been here! 

Hello to all!  For some time I simply could not get here either from home or from work, not sure what the trouble was. I see they’ve changed the format again. Took me awhile to figure things out!

Haven’t started my seeds yet and it’s March! 

Hope all is well with everyone!

#5107546 Report Abuse

albertagran
    Participant

Good to hear from you Gally. I wondered why we hadn’t seen you on line. Glad you made it back.

#5107549 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Gally so nice to see you here.  Was wondering if it was the board that was giving you problems.  The change has been about a month.  Still a few things that folks have requested changed but it is working quit nicely now.  Hope you become a regular visitor again.  WE are working on building the vegetable forum back up again as well as All about seed and birding.  Hope you get a chance to visit some of the other forums.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5109560 Report Abuse

Gally
    Participant

Hi Gran and W!   Good to see you! 

Just planted my seeds yesterday afternoon. It’s finally warming up despite a bit of snow here.

My SIL even asked me to start some seeds for her so I’ve got tomatoes and zucchini going. DH wants his hot peppers again. I don’t think I can ever avoid them now since the bumper crop I had two summers ago. lol

Gran, Dad is now 102. He had bladder surgery on Wed and is doing well, so far so good. Still living with middle bro.   

How are you and your DH?

W, how have you and your brother been?

#5109690 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Gally wow you dad is 102 and went through surgery.  That is remarkable.

My DB passed away December 14th only a little over a week after I had surgery for Breast Cancer.  It was a rough December but all is well.  I have lots of seed going and great plans for my summer gardens.  I will also be starting a job a couple of days a week in April at a local pub as a prep cook.  That should be fun but will make for a tight schedule with the yard plans.

BTW used to love your posts on the What’s for supper thread.  There is one on Garden Chat every night.  Would love to have you join in there.

Take care my friend.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5110401 Report Abuse

albertagran
    Participant

Gally good to hear from you. Glad to hear your Dad made it through his surgery. I am having bladder surgery (reconstruction and repair) within the next month, and if all goes well we are coming for a trip to BC – Victoria.

#5113558 Report Abuse

Gally
    Participant

W, my sincere condolences on the loss of your brother. Very sad news. That must have been a very difficult time epecially when you were dealing with your surgery. I hope all the surgery and procedures are over and done with.

Thanks for pointing out the dinner posts in Garden Chat. I will pop in! I must admit that our food choices are MUCH less than a year ago as I had to roll up my sleeves and really work at finding out what my allergies were. I’m finally losing weight as it was next to impossible before I started removing certain foods from my diet. Seems to be a gluten and lactose intolerance. Pretty boring but I’m feeling alot better.

Hope all goes well with your bladder surgery, Gran! It was day surgery for Dad (which PLEASED him!). Hope the same for you, hospital stays are no fun, unless they are absolutely necessary.

Have a good day!

#5115026 Report Abuse

albertagran
    Participant

<b>I am hoping it is just day surgery for me too Gally. If not then I have to arrange for someone to come and stay with Ted. His Alzheimers is advancing and I can’t leave him home alone.  I will find out next week as I have to go in for Urodynamics and an ultrasound that my surgeon will be doing, so I hope he can give me a date.  I had all the surgical mesh removed last October that was causing a lot of trouble from a previous repair.  If everything goes well, then it is off to Victoria and a few days of relaxing. I love Victoria. Love sitting at the wharf with all the colorful houseboats and eating fish and chips….pure heaven, and also a trip to Butchart gardens. Really looking forward to it. Our two DDs will be coming with us, to boss us around. LOL.  Give your Dad a hug for me.</b>

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.