Jewel osco Grocery computers hacked

Home Forums Backyard Chat General Jewel osco Grocery computers hacked

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Gayle Gayle 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

joan1___Alabama
    Participant

Seems more and more computers are hacked and card numbers stolen.  Glad we don’t have those  stores around here.   I never use a card,  I pay cash or sometimes by check.  Just seems easier to not over spend that way.

I just feel that is safer and we have our account fixed where where Nothing can be done by phone or computer.   Nothing can be  transferred,  or withdrawn,  except in person.   But sometimes things happen no matter how safe we try to be

I was raised “if you can’t afford something, you do without. ”  It  seems most people have no idea how to live on a budget. anymore.   We only have one credit card and pay the balance off every 30 days and never have to pay interest fees.  Our adult children do the same as us.

What about you, do you use lots of credit cards?

#5275160 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

We use one credit card and put almost everything on it and pay the entire balance at the end of the month.  We never pay interest.  We get vacation points and several times have stayed an entire week for free on vacation using those points.  DH also uses it for business expenses so we get those points too.  We also have Life Lock too if someone does use our name or cards, Life Lock will help straighten out the mess!  One time a few years ago, someone went through the trash in a can here in town and stole someone’s identity–it was a mess.  I shred everything!

#5275194 Report Abuse

joan1___Alabama
    Participant

<h1>Hi Lizzie.  We shred also.  </h1>

#5275223 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Oh, I know, Joan!  I just basically use my one fdic insured bank debit card for everything.  I tend to go thru cash faster if I have it!  Using my bank card gives me an exact record of what I spend, too.

#5275250 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Don’t have those stores here.  I rarely use a credit card in a store but I do use them for online shopping & occasionally pay a bill because I get money back by doing it that way.

However I use my bank card all the time & they can do the same with that as they do with your credit card info.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.