Is this a Seven Sisters Rose

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Is this a Seven Sisters Rose

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by gkids3_il gkids3_il 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

This Rose was here when I moved to Georgia 6 years ago and I was wondering if it is the Seven Sisters Rose….does anyone know if it is or what Rose it might be.??

Janet...z7.
    Find more about Weather in Sharpsburg, GA

#5261015 Report Abuse
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

It’s not a Seven Sisters Rose.  Looks like a Knock Out Rose to me.

Community Team Member

#5261018 Report Abuse
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

Do you have a picture of the seven sisters rose….It is not a knock out…I have many of those but it does favor the single bloom ones…..I like the double KO roses the best….thanks JoAnn, hope you had a good 4th of July…

Janet...z7.

#5261019 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Very pretty!

#5261059 Report Abuse
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

4th of July was okay.  We don’t do anything special on the 4th.  Maybe I should have said that it does not look like any Seven Sisters Rose I have ever seen.  The ones I have seen have a cluster of blooms.

Community Team Member

#5261063 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

I have a Seven sisters climbing rose.  I also think that yours may be a variety of Knock Out rose.  BUT…..I do not know a lot about roses.  This is the only one I have ever kept alive.

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5261103 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Wow that is gorgeous rose (7 sis) and of course the KOs

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5261217 Report Abuse
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

This rose has been here for years and I thought KO roses were just introduced several years ago…

I have many KO roses which aren’t doing all that well this year but are getting more blooms daily.

Charlene, you should try more Roses   this one is a Knock Out  in Beauty not name. Of course I think if you stuck a STICK in the ground you would probably have a bloom on it before long…You have such pretty flowers…

Janet...z7.

#5261239 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Janet….I tried KO roses several times.  They lived almost a month.  I just have decided that I will grow the things I can and not grow the things that don’t do well here.  I do not have time to baby plants and give them extra care.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5261240 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Charlene, wow!  That is beautiful!  I just googled images of seven sisters roses.  I didnt think they looked like yours, Janet.  But there were several varieties of “sisters” type of roses that.resembled yours. So, thinking it could be a sister rose of seven sisters!  You should have seen some of the beautiful arbors just full of some sort of climbing roses!  Fun looking at any sort of pics of any flowers, especially roses o f any varietu!

#5261243 Report Abuse
    gkids3_il
    gkids3_il
    Participant

Janet I have both the double and single KO roses.  Like the double much better.  I’m not sure what that is but here are a few pics of my single KO rose.  I will be moving this to the back of the house the end of the season as it just doesn’t seem to like where it’s at now.  I’ve had it for at least 5 years.  Had 3 to begin with, now down to the one.

It started getting windy here when I went out to take these so excuse the blurry-ness.  Expecting some storms to come in this afternoon.

I see I need to do some dead heading of this bush.

Charlene I like your Seven Sisters climbing rose.  I don’t seem to have much luck with climbing roses.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.