Is this a delphinium ?

Home Forums Gardening General Gardening Q&As Is this a delphinium ?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by plantdoctorzn4 plantdoctorzn4 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

Looks like my other Delphinium leaf wise but I didn’t plant it where I found it    . It also has no buds on it like the other one does .

Thanks in advance

Sandy K

Find more about Weather in Lupton, MI

#5157242 Report Abuse

tealbirdIA_Z4
    Participant

Looks like the tall yellow plant Kathy sent me several years ago. Can’t remember the name – but it seeds and comes up many places.

Did you get any yellow plants from Kathy? Alma

<*)~// Tealbird

#5157269 Report Abuse
    iris43
    iris43
    Participant

Mine is called a tall prairie coneflower.  It’s yellow, shaped like a coneflower, very tall and, yes, it self-seeds everywhere.

#5157287 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

That definitely does not look like my Delphinium.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#5157825 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

Alma nope I didn’t get any plants from Kathy but now that you mention a tall yellow flower I do have some of those . They look like a small sunflower / daisy type  .

Iris I think you and Alma hit it on the nose lol. This plant was just a few feet from my Delphinium and the leaves are similar but the Delp. is already getting buds and this plant wasn’t . I thought I had lucked out and got a volunteer Delp. lol. Guess I will be moving this plant to the back of the yard .

Wendy I’ll have to do another leaf comparison but my Delp leaves  have this same shape .

Thank you Ladies for clearing this up for me .

Boy it sure is heck when I can’t remember plants . Yes I do mark them but I have grands who like to change things around in my gardens lol.

Sandy K.

#5158451 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Sandy….the yellow flower that Alma is talking about is Heliopsis….and the foliage does resemble your mystery plant.  Here is a pic of the flower….I also got mine from Kathy

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5158764 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Here is one of my delphs

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#5158768 Report Abuse
    narnian
    narnian
    Participant

It’s leaves look just like my golden glow. The flowers are different, but that plant is a cut-leaf rudbeckia.

Here is a picture of mine…

Here is an upclose picture of the leaves…

Perhaps they are in the same family?

#5159420 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Not a delph .  Looks like some weeds I have.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5260219 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

Nope Not a Delph. It is a Rudbeckia .I finally call the lady I got  the plants from and she said they called it Golden Glow . I have several plants she boxed up and left on my door step before she moved a few years back and no name tags lol. Boy talk about mysteries in my back yard lol. I  also found out that I am growing some of the bulbs she intended to take with her lol. This also explains why I have  lilies of different colors I never bought .  Thank you ladies  for all the help solving this mystery and I’m sure with my C.R.C.   that I will be back to ask more questions hahaha . got to go out and put a tag on that plant now :-)

Sandy K.

#5260763 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Linda….you were right….Golden GLOW!  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.