Is it possible to copy and paste from my word processor?

Home Forums Backyard Chat Community Help Is it possible to copy and paste from my word processor?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Jill Staake Jill Staake 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

I usually use my word processor to type responses and copy and paste them  in B  and B.

for some reason when I did that today my response looked like it was written in a foreign language. Is this something that we can no longer do? Thanks 4 any help you may be able to provide.

#4784938 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

I’m not sure.  You might need to ask Jill this.  Try asking this on Community Help & be sure to tell them what happened when you tried.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#4784968 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Gayle,  I started this post in Community Help; so I’m not sure where you are seeing it?

Hopefully Jill will see this and have an answer. Thanks for trying to help.

#4785533 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Just trying out word

I just tried to copy from Word and I see what you mean.  However I did type the above in wordpad and it copied over here just fine.  I know a lot of folks do a copy and paste for there posts.  Will add that to my list that I am going to send Jill shortly.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#4786820 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Thanks Bette. I tried using WordPad this morning and it did that same thing for me that my word processor did.  You can read what I typed between the lines of something that looks like

<span style=”font-size: medium;”></span><b></b>

I do appreciate your adding to your list for Jill.

#4796942 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Does anyone have any answers on this??????????

#4805445 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

I am not having any problem doing it from word pad. What operating system are you using?

This was copied from word pad.  However yesterday I did include it in my email to Jill some other concerns folks are having.

photo signature_3.gif

#4809870 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

I’m using Windows 7

#4810201 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

mmarnee that is what I am also using.  Hopefully there will be a fix so you can use the word processor to copy and paste.  As I said it has been reported as something the folks here want to be able to do.

photo signature_3.gif

#4812671 Report Abuse

mememouse
    Participant

copied  from my word pad,,  below this sentence,,

I have word pad too, and im have IE for browser,, window 7 too,,, so will see what happens..

#4812748 Report Abuse

mememouse
    Participant

Well it worked,,

I did copy a joke from  the net once and came back and  pasted it and it looked fine til I posted it, then was all gobbly gook,,,

#4823626 Report Abuse
    Jill Staake
    Jill Staake
    Keymaster

Hey guys  - I’m looking into this. I think it has something to do with user accounts and their ability to post in HTML. (You wouldn’t think it matters, but it does sometimes.) For now, I recommend typing up your posts here on the boards directly while I see if I can get this sorted out.

Jill Staake (florida33girl@gmail.com)
    Birds & Blooms Community Manager
    Tampa, Florida Zone 9b

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.