Impossible Ham 'n Swiss Pie (makes its own crust)

Home Forums Backyard Chat Food Impossible Ham 'n Swiss Pie (makes its own crust)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by narnian narnian 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

2 cups cut- up fully cooked smoked ham

1 cup shredded natural Swiss cheese (about 4 ounces)

1/2 cup chopped green onions or chopped onion

4 eggs

2 cups milk 1 cup Bisquick baking mix

1/4 tsp. salt, if desired

1/8 tsp. black pepper

Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Grease pie plate 10 x 1 1/2inches.

Sprinkle ham, cheese & onions in plate.  Beat remaining ingredients until smooth, 15 seconds in blender on high or 1 minute with hand beater.  Pour into plate.  Bake until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes.  Cool 5 minutes.  6 servings

(High altitude:  Bake about 45 minutes)

#5134927 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Posy, I love impossible pies since I flunked pie crust 101.  I make a lot of dessert pies that way.  Those were very popular in the 60′s and 70′s but still work just fine in my house.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5134930 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

I will try this!  Sounds great & a good idea for your leftover ham!

#5134934 Report Abuse
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann
    Participant

I will make this for sure.  Thanks for posting.

Community Team Member

#5134983 Report Abuse
    dena1123
    dena1123
    Participant

Posy-

I used to make the Impossible Pies years ago.  They were such a quick meal for a single, on the go, Mom.  The Ham and Swiss were one of our favorites and so was the Taco one.  Served with a salad, it was a nice and easy meal..

#5134999 Report Abuse
    Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

Love the impossible pies too! I bought a cookbook of Biquick and it’s interesting to read with the new stuff in there made easy.

#5153229 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Pie crust 101 I flunked no matter what kind of crust it was for including fruit pies!  We must’ve been in the same class, Wilderness.

In fact, I baked a frozen cherry pie today.  Sara Lee helped me, too!

#5153358 Report Abuse
    skippydel13zone6KY
    skippydel13zone6KY
    Participant

Yum, this sounds really good and think I’ll try it too and I’ll join the “I can’t make a good pie crust” team. LOL

#5153388 Report Abuse
    narnian
    narnian
    Participant

I must admit that I am happy to hear others too have flunked pie crusts! My mother baked daily for many years, and could make anything (I cannot eat doughnuts to this day because they taste like cardboard compared to mom’s!) I can bake pretty well, and can make a pumpkin pie or dutch apple pie…anything that doesn’t need a top crust, because it will never, ever come out right.

I love the Bisquick lasagna pie, but we doctor it up so much it is not at all like their recipe.

I love quiches and this ham and swiss sounds good, too.

Linda Z

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.