I'm Done (For Now)

Home Forums Gardening All About Seeds I'm Done (For Now)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by wilderness_NY_Z4 wilderness_NY_Z4 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

All of my seeds have been planted & everything is cleaned up & ready to put away for next year.

Today I started Mexican Hat, Banana Cream Daisy, Mums, Fringed Dianthus, Nigella & Echium.  That was the last of them.

In the last few days I’ve had Asters, Coreopsis, & Maltese Cross come up.

I’m thinking of transplanting some things this week but I don’t know where I am going to put them when I do.  I usually put them in the GH but a little nervous about doing that with this prolonged cold.

I see Charlene puts hers’ in a window.  I’m leaning toward that.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5107364 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

Gayle I had to go buy more lights since I don’t have a good south window .I have to take a day and go out to take the snow off the green house .Then I’m not all that sure I will be putting anything in it until April lol even with a heater . I’ve put up another table to hold the transplants .

I hope the window works out for you .

Sandy K.

Find more about Weather in Lupton, MI

#5107458 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Gayle, I still have a long way to go.  Put up my last 4 lights yesterday and one is full already but do have room for maybe 5 more flats in some of the other trays.  I haven’t even started with the vegetables yet except the peppers.  I did spend most of the day yesterday working in the nursery planting more seed and transplanting but lots to go.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5107610 Report Abuse

hopscotch
    Participant

I have all the indoor seeding done.  Quite a bit of transplanting to do yet, but not everything is ready yet.  That’s why I started things early, because some of them are so SLOW!!!

#5107679 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

I did put 3 of the Schizanthus in a window today.  They were getting to tall for the lights & starting to “sprawl” over.  This is what they are supposed to do in a hanging basket but I’m sure not ready for that yet & not quite trusting enough of the weather to put them in the GH just yet.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

• This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by Gayle Gayle.
    #5108357 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Leroy, I know slow as I raise all of my begonias.  They are like watching paint dry.  Little green specks which seems like for months.  That isn’t counting the lisianthus which I finally have some still alive for the first time.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.