I think my wireless router is going bad. :>(

Home Forums Backyard Chat General I think my wireless router is going bad. :>(

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  joan1___Alabama 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

joan1___Alabama
    Participant

I’ve had the  worst time getting connected to the internet this week.   I stayed on the phone with my ISP  about 20 minutes the other day before we got it to Reset. 

So far NO Problem today.    I find  that strange, makes me think   the problem  was with charter?    They are such a pain, but not much to chose from out here in the country.

We dropped our TV service years ago and went to Direct TV, but they don’t offer telephone and internet here yet.  With Charter, if  it rains, or thunders your service is out. Heck it got so bad it didn’t even  work when the sun was shining or if you got a gentle breeze!  LOL.    

I’m thinking of changing my Email to something else too because sometimes I get a message “can’t display Email, try again later”.  I just hate to have to learn another set up for e-mail and notify my Insurance, doctor, friends, etc.  That can be a hassle.   

Have a good day, I’m off to run some errands.

#5133688 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

That is toobad!  Cant they replace it for you?  Or buy a new one from somewhere if they charge you for replacing it.  Do you have to use their router?

#5133711 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

I had all kinds of problems with Verizon for a long time.  I kept insisting it was the modem, they kept saying No.  But they finally replaced it & no problems since.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5133777 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

They hate to admit anything is wrong with their own service, don’t they?

We have Time-Warner here and usually no problems, except they raise the price of service here all the time it seems and now they are merging with Comcast.  It is getting to be expensive entertainment and we don’t rent their movies or any of their special programming packages they offer either.

#5133778 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

We have had to replace our router maybe 2 times… we had Starband satellite.. but if we had to change I think Dish would be the way to go.. they have everything.. we have Dish already for our tv… so it wouldn’t be much to change ..

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5133815 Report Abuse
    Carol Johnson
    Carol Johnson
    Participant

Joan you could always go with gmail.com its user friendly then you dont have to get new email if you change your internet  server I have gmail and also have microsoft outlook which you have to buy but well worth it and my gmail goes right to my outlook ..or you can just use the gamil..Just a thought .also Wally world has many internet providers all with different plans you could go with one of them but you need to know what towers are in your area. I use virgin mobile which uses sprint towers. and all are with no contract.

x_3d759b92 photo x_3d759b92.gif

#5133851 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

The only Internet provider here is Verizon.  The way I got a new modem is I finally got so frustrated with them after months of numerous calls that I threatened to throw the modem box under the wheels of the next car that went by.  That seemed to get their attention.  LOL

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5133942 Report Abuse

Just Mari
    Participant

I am all for using gmail so no matter who your ISP is, your email address stays the same.  It’s so much easier for me since we are 1/2 the year with TDS in California & the remainder with MTS in Manitoba.  I didn’t care much for gmail’s format at the beginning but now that I’m used to it, I love it.

#5134175 Report Abuse

Missylynne
    Participant

We have Charter here, and have had no real problems with them. The router we have is ours(I thought we were renting it from Charter, but DH said no, it’s ours). We are renting the modem, and when that went out they replaced it with no problems, it will update when needed. We could Dish(or Direct), here if we wanted to, but I prefer cable. Our bill just went down 30.00(and I hope it stays that way for awhile), because DH brought in our 2 cable boxes, and remotes. He said that we don’t really need them, and then he brings home a new box and remote. Sigh! The only thing I miss on the new box, is that it doesn’t show the time, or the channel when it is on.

Laurel

#5134194 Report Abuse

joan1___Alabama
    Participant

Thanks for all the replies.     It has worked fine for the last 3  days, so It must have been with Charter service.

I haven’t had to unplug it and reset it for 3 days now and for 4 days before  that  I had to unplug it 4 or more times a day!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.