I Have To Tell You This Story

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat I Have To Tell You This Story

This topic contains 13 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  tealbirdIA_Z4 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

The cat always comes & lays on the desk in front of the monitor when I’m on the computer & he’s in the house.

So I’m sitting here typing a reply to Steve about his mystery plant/weed just now & I look up at the cat & there is this huge tick on his side.

No way I’m touching this one so I go looking for some old tweezers & a tissue to wrap this ugly thing in & flush it away.  All the time I’m thinking this must have been there   a while to get this big & how did I not see it?  He’s always rubbing against me & I’m always petting him & running my hands down his sides, etc; just for this reason.

So I find the tweezers & I can’t seem to get ahold of this tick.  Finally I do & it lifts right off with no resistance at all.

It’s A Snail  !!!   LOL  I couldn’t believe it.  He must have been laying on it out in the yard before I called him in.  Jeez.  Still shaking my head.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5264486 Report Abuse
    iris43
    iris43
    Participant

What a relief for you, Gayle!

I have yet to encounter a tick, either on myself or my cat.  It would more likely be on me as Bobby so seldom goes outside.

#5264548 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

I had a tick on me the other day but he didn’t last long there. The dogs and cats get flea and tick repellent every month so they don’t bring those nasty things in here. I HATE the creepy things! A SNAIL? That is a new one.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5264557 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

That is funny!  Who would think a snail could get stuck on a cat.  It’s amazing it didn’t just fall right off when he moved, but thankfully it didn’t end up in the house somewhere.   Maybe you should mail it to Alma??? lol

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5264563 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

LOL…better a snail than a tick for sure.

Alma enjoys her snail as a pet….they eat lettuce.  Did you put it in a jar and save it?  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5264615 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Cat & dog both get monthly repellant  for ticks, fleas, mosquitoes but every once in a while one shows up.

I need the repellant because if there is a tick out there it will find me & seeing as how I live in a wooded area.  Well, you get the picture.

And the snail went to a watery grave.

#5264682 Report Abuse
    anky37
    anky37
    Participant

LOL!! That’s a first!. But I’m glad it wasn’t a tick too.

photo signature_1.gif

#5264688 Report Abuse
    narnian
    narnian
    Participant

(Big Smile)…something I have never seen before, a snail on a cat.

#5264721 Report Abuse

Just Mari
    Participant

That a new one!  Of all the cats I have had over the years not once that I know of did one get that up close & personal with a snail! I guess there’s a first for everything!

#5264729 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

What a story, and a snail? much better than a tick… so glad our kitties don’t go outside… I dislike putting that flea and tick stuff on them… as much as they dislike it.  No worries that way.. I do spray the yard around the doors to keep us from tracking fleas in on our feet.  Our vet said that is the best way to keep them out of the house.  Good trick, it must work… crossing fingers, no fleas have been in here…

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5264736 Report Abuse
    luvmyb_b
    luvmyb_b
    Participant

Fun story, Gayle!  The notion of a tick coming into the house on anything is disturbing to me.  I’m awfully glad yours turned out to be a snail.  :)

photo signature_3.gif
    NW Ohio
    Zn5

#5264754 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

LOL!  Glad it was a snail!  Hate those ticks & some spread lyme disease, of course!

#5264783 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Karen, when you live in a wooded area with deer you get used to it.  I bet I’ve pulled a dozen off myself this summer.

#5264784 Report Abuse

tealbirdIA_Z4
    Participant

That is a good story. I don’t need any more snails. Saw one on plant and left him there. I was just watching Ike – He is growing. He is now 3/4” so he is almost an inch worm. He is easier to see now.

I had a ‘Duh’ moment today.  I had gone outside to water some plants. Had trimmed the Kalanchoe – and taken the water with me.  The lantana looked better as I watered it good yesterday.  But so many seed heads on it. Went back to where I trimmed the other plant and snipers not there – where were they?

I stopped to think of where they could be – then I realized I still had them in left hand.  At least I found them W/O any more running. Got the seeds trimmed off and see new blooms are coming up.

And Jetta has eaten half of the large lettuce chunk. A tiny one is behind her. And Ike is still happy stretched upside down – Do they sleep that way?

<*)~// Tealbird

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.