I didn't get my bluebird houses cleaned, will they come back?

Home Forums Birding General Bird Q&As I didn't get my bluebird houses cleaned, will they come back?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  prod66 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

connie0751
    Participant

I did not get my bluebird houses cleaned out last fall and now I am afraid to try to clean them out this late.  I also haven’t seen any bluebird activity around them this spring.  Will they come back to use a nesting box that hasn’t had last years nest removed?  I sure hope so!

#5144940 Report Abuse
    Junior Barnes
    Junior Barnes
    Participant

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but bluebirds won’t use a nest box that hasn’t been cleaned. But it isn’t to late! I would recommend cleaning your bluebird houses ASAP, and perhaps one will still move in this year. Good luck!

www.birdsofohio.webnode.com

#5145877 Report Abuse

connie0751
    Participant

They are still here!  There are three houses they have nested in and I didn’t get two of the three cleaned out this year.  I got the two cleaned out yesterday and saw them in the 3rd house.  I am so happy!  I saw some sparrows around one of the ones I cleaned out yesterday and looks as if they are building a nest in there.  Will have to watch it and clean it out b4 they lay eggs.  :-(   Thank you for ur answer.  U can bet they will be cleaned out this fall!

#5146298 Report Abuse

prod66
    Participant

nice

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.