I certainly am having a time of it…

Home Forums Gardening All About Seeds I certainly am having a time of it…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by plantdoctorzn4 plantdoctorzn4 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dena1123
    dena1123
    Participant

Well, I just couldn’t stand the fact that everyone was doing their seeds but me.  What a time of it I have had.  Picked Snapdragons and Petunias because of the 12 weeks indoor sow.

Good grief, between the pellets and size of the seeds, who knows if anything will germinate.  :-)

I guess I will just consider this a trial run and see what happens.  Not gonna give up but think I will stick with my veggie seeds.  Even though I complained about the size of them last year, I will take a tomato or pepper seed anyday.

#5113718 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

There is not double that a lot of flower seed are small.  Be thankful for the pelleted seed.  A lot of mine aren’t and just sort of broadcast them over the top to the flats.  I agree pepper and tomato seed are a lot more fun.  I will be doing tomatoes this weekend.  Peppers are all done and up.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5113785 Report Abuse
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

I planted snapdragons and lets say I have a million seedlings. I had to thin them when I transplanted. The seeds are tiny . Good luck with yours.

Sandy M.

#5113836 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

Dena  wow aren’t they small, so hard to work with.  I have tried many ways and I don’t think they is a easy way.  I love snapdragons, as mine self seed, so I am going to plant more th is year again.   Petunias are really slow to come up.

Have fun, Carol

#5114035 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Good luck with your seeds, Dana.  Yes, you were smart to get the pelleted ones…..they are pelleted because they are too small to even see, much less handle.  The seed starting thing is contagious for sure.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.