I am SO #^%$@#~ MAD !!!

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat I am SO #^%$@#~ MAD !!!

This topic contains 44 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by Gayle Gayle 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

I am nurturing several geraniums in my GH.  I actually have a lady that wants to buy several of them.  I checked them at noon and they were all getting so pretty.  Tonight when I went to water them….10 of them were gone and several of the others had had their blooms picked off and branches broken!  I immediately thought of the kids next door because they have been stealing and vandalizing all over town (14 yrs, 9 yrs, and 5 yrs old).  When I was home at noon I saw those 3 kids in their backyard with 2 other kids (sorry to say they are my DB #3″s step grandkids).

I immediately suspected them for the incident.  Well….a walk to their backyard proved that I was right!  There were the stolen geraniums along with my hoe and my favorite hand digger!  I brought them all back to my GH.  Soon 4 of the kids came a long……believe me….I confronted them!  I spoke words they had no idea that I even knew (I wasn’t speaking to virgin ears because I have heard all of those words from their mouths before)  All of them were there except the 5 year old, so of course, they said that he had done it.  The one step niece turned bright red in the face and the 9 yr old neighbor girl started sobbing uncontrollably when I told them that they were no longer welcome in my yard and that I would NEVER give them flowers to give their Moms ever again (I do that quite often).

I knocked at the door, but the Mother would not answer….and I know she was home!  I am not blaming the kids for this….the parents refuse to take responsibility.  Every time someone confronts them about what their kids have done, they tell them to call the sheriff.  HELLO?????  They are their kids and it is time they take charge!

WOW….I just needed to vent.  I know they are “just” plants….but it is the idea.  If they are in my GH when no one is home….I wonder if they have been in my house?  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5264055 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

I don’t blame you one bit & I’d be locking my doors, GH included.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5264057 Report Abuse
    jcolbert40
    jcolbert40
    Participant

I don’t blame you one bit for being so angry!  I had the same response from a neighbor about his kids…”Call the police”  I think I told him the police shouldn’t have to do his job.  Maybe you should report it, tho, just to have a record of the incident, in case other things turn up missing or damaged.  Wouldn’t hurt the little “angels” to have a chat with an officer.  It might give them a little scare and prevent further problems.

My name photo Myname.gif

#5264059 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

They have all had several chats with the officers…..but the parents never say a word.  I am TOO mad tonight to go over there right now….and of course, they don’t answer the door…BUT….the Mom works tomorrow morning and I will be visiting with her at her place of work….if others hear it…so be it.

I have my GH locked now…..but I didn’t have the house locked this afternoon because I left at 1 to go back from lunch and DH came home from work at 2….so I just left it open.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5264062 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

I was just thinking about the outrageous incidents all over today…I asked DH just turn the TV off…sorry Char, it is not only plants, if those youngsters vandalized people somehow related and living so close…they have no heart, something wrong with their consciences besides criminal attitude…I m so mad also as you can see…those were not just plants bought at a store..they were your babies!!!!!! 

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5264064 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

YOU GO GIRL!  Now you know how I get when the neighbor across our other lot next to us tries to do things to us, like letting the idiot across the street push snow through the fence on our lot to try to break it.  ”Mad” is an understatement for sure then..LOL.  However, Charlene, I would let the Sheriff know about it so that if there is damage to your property it can be written up so you can civilly sue the parents for it.  You may want to let the mother know that you will do that if the crap continues, and that if they cannot take care of their children’s behavior that a call to Social Services is next on your agenda due to their neglect to parent their children.  Can’t hurt to try that and wouldn’t hurt to let her know that tomorrow at work.  Maybe embarrassing her in front of her co-workers might work, but I would let the Father know it too.  I raise two of my kids for 12 years without a Father and they sure did not do things like that at all.  I would have kicked some butts if they did.

#5264080 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Sorry you are having these problems!  Neighbors!  Argh!  Some, lovely, others, NOT!  I have this neighbor lady here who is my neighbor in the apts here, who I suspect pilfers some of my plants & I dont have that many, nor that much money to go buying many, not to mention replacing plants!  I dont think you should leave your house unlocked when you arent home!  Kids tend to get themselves in trouble more in the summertime than other times of the yr because they arent in school, get bored and maybe its a friend or neighbor’s idea to do these things.  Its such ashame!

#5264084 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

Wow, sorry to hear this. I would also be very angry and would call the police to report it. If I was the parent I would be embarrassed and appalled.  Its just mind boggling!

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5264088 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Lock your doors year round.  We do here even though we are a village and sort of near the village line.  We had stuff stolen from yards here a few years ago; solar lights, heavy wooden wishing well, etc.  And a person on our street was going into many houses down the street and out of town to small villages and into houses.  Finally caught with all sorts of prescription drugs, so next door neighbors do have to be watched.  I would see her walk by here sometimes…..never suspected a thing until it was in the paper.  One neighbor that she walked in the kitchen on surprised her when she went into the kitchen after being in the shower.  Her grandson was in law enforcement so she told him  what happened.  It went on for awhile after that but she was caught.   Sent away to rehab I think.  So you never know in your neighborhood.

I would confront mother, too, and report it to police for it to be on the record.  Otherwise, they may be looking for bigger things next.

Parents need to do the upbringing of their kids and teach them something…….that seems to have gone down the tubes anymore.

#5264092 Report Abuse
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

I am sorry to hear this Charlene. I would have been furious too.

Now that my GH sits next to a back alley and even though there is a chain link fence along the alley it is only 3 or 4 feet high so anyone (kids) could easily jump it and get into the GH. I had lost my key to the GH so I am going to put a padlock on it.

Kathy zone4

Find more about Weather in Sioux Falls, SD

#5264099 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

I was outdoors when the Dad came home from work, so I confronted him! He told me that he had already gotten a text that the kids had stolen a few flowers from my yard (that tells me that the Mom heard my conversation with the kids but refused to answer the door)…..believe me….I told him that was not the issue at all….and I told him the whole story!  Guess what….he told me to call the cops.  I told him that it was time for him and his SO to step up to the plate and discipline their own children…..it does not have to be done by someone else at my expense (tax dollars).

I am calming down a bit….but still ready to confront the Mom who wouldn’t answer the door!  What a chicken shit.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5264103 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

I fully understand Charlene. The kids are doing what kids without supervision does. The parents need to do what real parents do and thats watch their brats. I too have a neighbor with kids that like to visit my yard when I’m not home. Another neighbor told me not long ago they saw those kids in my yard one day and picking some flowers. She warned them it would not be good if I came home and caught them in my yard and they haven’t been saw in my yard again. I did put a padlock on my garden and of course I keep my building padlocked anyway. I wouldn’t think of going to work and not locking my doors.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

#5264129 Report Abuse
    bwatcher
    bwatcher
    Participant

Maybe you need to call DHS and see what they know about these kids. IF NOBODY FILES A REPORT THERE’S NEVER GOING TO BE A PAPER TRAIL on these kids.

If these plants and tools would have been purchased at a GH or flower shop what would the combined value have been on them? Find out their value and then tell the sheriff what the value of their damage to your flowers was. If the value is over $500 then this isn’t petty theft. I’ve seen some big geranium plants in GHs selling for $45 and up. If you had 10 plants worth $45 then that’s $450 right there.

The fact that the flowers were found on the parent’s property means that the parents were in possession of STOLEN property. Maybe you need to tell them that they could be charged with receiving stolen property; aiding and abetting; contributing to the delinquency of a minor; the kids should be charged with trespassing and theft.

#5264140 Report Abuse
    Donna
    Donna
    Participant

Charlene I feel so bad for you. I know how you nurture your plants and to see that is just beyond heartbreaking. Doesn’t sound too good when the father tells you to call the police. I cannot believe that the mother hid in the house and would not face you.

I can imagine how upset you were and the words in your subject line say it all.

Hugs to you.

Donna_Canada_Z_5

#5264148 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

WOW! I wouldn’t want to be around to see where those kids eventually end up. I hope you managed to get some sleep last night. Good luck confronting the mom today.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.