hydr

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat hydr

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by ili Z.9 ili Z.9 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    davehhhj
    davehhhj
    Participant

here are some pictures

dave

#5276206 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

From this picture it looks like it needs some water.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5276218 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Hard to tell fromb the ou c.  Can it be made larger?

#5276406 Report Abuse
    davehhhj
    davehhhj
    Participant

dave

#5276407 Report Abuse
    davehhhj
    davehhhj
    Participant

hope my last picture is beter dave

dave

#5276465 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

A little dark but the plant looks healthy enough.  Are you having problems with it?

#5276475 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

hydr?????  I guess I don’t know what that means.  Are you wanting a plant identification?  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5276483 Report Abuse

Tigsy
    Participant

Dave, that looks like a fairly healthy hydrangea — has it ever bloomed? Is it pretty young? I have no idea how early they start blooming. Did you prune it too much last fall, or did you have a severe freeze last winter? Either might’ve prevented blooming.

#5276603 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Now I get the hydr….hydrangea…(light bulb moment).

It does look like a healthy plant, but since it is not blooming, I am guessing that it needs to be moved where it gets more sunshine…..we all love some sunshine…..but not too much for them!  LOL  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5276612 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

I’m thinking it might benefit from some clean up around it too.  Pull out the grass & maybe some mulch & a little fertilizer but hold off on the fertilizer  till Spring.

Do you cut it back every year?  Some bloom on new wood & won’t bloom if you do that.   If you’ve been doing that every year maybe try not doing it & see what happens.  How old is the plant?

#5276621 Report Abuse
    MDgreenery
    MDgreenery
    Participant

Hi Dave,

Most of your Hydrangea does look healthy, but there is a patch just in front of the bush that may be a problem? I have zero experience with Hydrangea but it does look as though an animal may be using that spot (just in front) as a urinal? If that is the case I would put a small barrier just beneath the Hydrangea (tight to the base of the bush & out of sight).

#5276690 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Here in the West I would say the sun burned the tips of some leaves…Clean up as suggested would probably help…If some leaves look sickly/damaged, I would do some getting rid of them…they can carry some disease…L ove Hydrangeas, but the heat really play a number on them…however they are worthy of all the trouble

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.