HUMMINGBIRD SWING

Home Forums Birding Bird Pics HUMMINGBIRD SWING

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by mmarnee mmarnee 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    IdellaPearl
    IdellaPearl
    Participant

Idella Pearl Edwards

Author of:
    LOOK AT THE BIRDS,
    God's Love Revealed Through Nature (devotional)
    Available at in paperback & hardback at Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble (on-line)

#5275899 Report Abuse
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

That is so cute Idella.  Did you make it?

photo signature_1.gif

#5275905 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Love it…love it…love it!

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5275911 Report Abuse
    IdellaPearl
    IdellaPearl
    Participant

Thx.   Yes, I made it and had fun doing so.  However…….I placed it in between the 2 feeders, but couldn’t get them to land on it until I took the feeders down.   : )   I took pics, then I put it back up.   Once in a great while they will land on it but not very often.   Am wondering how it would do if I hung it in a tree away from the feeders.

Idella Pearl Edwards

Author of:
    LOOK AT THE BIRDS,

#5275923 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Hubby made me one a couple of years ago.  They would use it away from the feeders.  Yours is too cute.. love it..

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5275926 Report Abuse
    Jill Staake
    Jill Staake
    Keymaster

So neat! I made one myself for a Birds & Blooms post last year, but we get hummingbirds so rarely in Tampa I haven’t really had a chance to use it.

Here’s some more info on these swings: http://www.birdsandblooms.com/blog/hummingbird-swing/

Jill Staake (florida33girl@gmail.com)
    Birds & Blooms Community Manager
    Tampa, Florida Zone 9b

#5276031 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

That is a really beautiful Hummingbird Swing, I just got one from Amazon the other day and it looks a lot like yours. However, it only has one single red bead at the top.  I have been busy the last few days so don’t know if any hummer has used it yet.

BTW: I love the pictures of your Hummingbird and it looks like your hummer loves the swing.

You did a beautiful job on that swing.

#5276042 Report Abuse
    IdellaPearl
    IdellaPearl
    Participant

Thanks, mmarnee.   I got a couple more pics today and I didn’t even have to take the feeders down first, so maybe they are getting used to it.

Idella Pearl Edwards

Author of:
    LOOK AT THE BIRDS,

#5276096 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Idella, great pictures of your hummer and swing! This evening I was going to move the swing I bought as I thought I found a better place for it. However, one of the hummers followed me and didn’t seem happy with me so I put it back in it’s original place.  I will have to watch and see if the hummers here will use the swing.

Your pictures are really nice and clear; thanks for sharing them with us.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.