How to Embed a You Tube Video in a Post

Home Forums Backyard Chat Community Help How to Embed a You Tube Video in a Post

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Sparrow_sk_can 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Jill Staake
    Jill Staake
    Keymaster

Posting a video here on the Birds & Blooms Community first requires that the video be hosted elsewhere, just like with photos. You Tube is probably the easiest place to upload your videos. Once you’ve done that, here’s how to embed that video here in one of your posts.

1. Bring up the You Tube video you want to share. Underneath the video, click “Share”, and then “Embed”. You’ll see a line of code appear.

2. Copy the highlighted line of code.

3. IMPORTANT: Back on the Birds & Blooms Community site, you’re going to paste that line of code, but first you have to change the posting box from “Visual” to “Text”, as shown below. The “Text” side is made of HTML code, and it’s how text and images are formatted and displayed online. It’s not necessary for you to understand what you see there, trust me! Just click the “Text” tab at the top of the posting box as shown.

4. Now paste the code you copied from You Tube. It will look something like this: “<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/B53_fAuYxFo” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>”

5. Click the “Visual” tab, and your video should now appear in the box. You can type before or after it as you need to, then click “Submit” as usual. Your video will be part of your post for others to view!

Still having trouble? Leave me a message below, or email me directly.

Jill Staake (florida33girl@gmail.com)
    Birds & Blooms Community Manager
    Tampa, Florida Zone 9b

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Jill Staake Jill Staake.
    • This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Jill Staake Jill Staake.
    #5273183 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Testing….just a youtube of my grand daughter messing around

<iframe src=”//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/vyD9rzhBoHo?list=UU1LG5QWAlfwsvXwYmeC7uuA” height=”315″ width=”560″ allowfullscreen=”" frameborder=”0″></iframe>

I can see it now….but when I hiut submit it goes back to garbly gook….try again

Trying something different

<iframe src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/EgIO9EvWODA” height=”390″ width=”640″ allowfullscreen=”" frameborder=”0″></iframe>

once again….not having much luck here…lol

<iframe src=”//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/sMpsX5o_D8c?list=UU1LG5QWAlfwsvXwYmeC7uuA” height=”315″ width=”560″ allowfullscreen=”" frameborder=”0″></iframe>

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5273187 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

<iframe src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/sMpsX5o_D8c” height=”390″ width=”640″ allowfullscreen=”" frameborder=”0″></iframe>

<iframe src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/xELgKGvV1-E?list=UU1LG5QWAlfwsvXwYmeC7uuA” height=”315″ width=”560″ allowfullscreen=”" frameborder=”0″></iframe>

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5273191 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

<iframe src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/qxHNPLh9Ulo” height=”315″ width=”420″ allowfullscreen=”" frameborder=”0″></iframe>

<iframe src=”//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/qxHNPLh9Ulo?rel=0″ height=”315″ width=”420″ allowfullscreen=”" frameborder=”0″></iframe>

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5273193 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

I give up….following your instructions to the tee, but doesn’t seem to work.  I do see what I am posting when I switch it to visual, but when I hit submit….you see what it is.    Charlene

<iframe width=”640″ height=”390″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/qxHNPLh9Ulo” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5273195 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5273196 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

I got it…but all I did was copy the url in the tool bar when playing….clicked on img in tool bar and pasted it in there…and then hit submit.

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5273203 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

For a you tube video I just C&P the URL here.

But that’s usually a video that’s not mine.  I don’t know how to post a video to You tube.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5273205 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Let me try the same thing from PB

[video src="http://vid648.photobucket.com/albums/uu207/cove2700/000_0373_zps48718060.mp4" /]

#5273208 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Well that didn’t work.  I’ll play with it later.

#5273322 Report Abuse
    Jill Staake
    Jill Staake
    Keymaster

The key is that you have to switch from Visual to Text before pasting your video linking info. This is step 3 in the instructions.

Tampa, Florida Zone 9b

#5273331 Report Abuse
    luvmyb_b
    luvmyb_b
    Participant

Any thoughts on how to do it from Photobucket, Jill?  I looked for an “Embed” option on PB and couldn’t find one.  I don’t have my video stored on You Tube, nor do I especially want to.  It took forever to get it to load on Photobucket.  I don’t want to go through that again, nor am I familiar enough with You Tube to want to try it there.  Maybe if that is an ONLY option, I could consider it.  I’m just much more familiar with PB and how it operates.

photo signature_3.gif
    NW Ohio
    Zn5

#5273357 Report Abuse
    Jill Staake
    Jill Staake
    Keymaster

I believe that in Photobucket, you want to use the HTML (not HTML thumb), and paste it on the “Text” tab as shown above. I’ll try to experiment with this at some point to see if it works.

Tampa, Florida Zone 9b

#5273961 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Jill go back and check your instructions very carefully. Like Charlene when I add the link in text and then click on visual the video shows up. Then when I click on submit all I get is the code showing up. Maybe theres something in there that was left out ?

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5274536 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Gonna try one more time.

<iframe src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/6clrdE0OIvs” height=”315″ width=”420″ allowfullscreen=”" frameborder=”0″></iframe>

Ok I give up.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.