Hi all and sorry i have not been here

Home Forums Backyard Chat General Hi all and sorry i have not been here

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by feedinthebirds feedinthebirds 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    karmen
    karmen
    Participant

I   hope you all have been well.  I’m sorry I have not been here much this month. A lot has gone on.  Our daughter and her kids are coming tomorrow for a few days; am excited about that.  But our daughter, who is in the Air Force, is being deployed to the Middle  East this coming December. That was unexpected and upset us for awhile.  We are trying to deal with it but are afraid for her safety.  So that threw me off….

Other than that,  I have been freezing cabbage, mowing and been  busy  outside.  I have been in  touch with my sister almost every day via texting! I am so thrilled as  we have not seen or talked to each other for over 30 years.  I found her address thru the internet.  So the internet does do good things too!

I hope feedinthebirds did ok with her procedure….and 4mybackyardpa, I got your email a while back before all the above happened.  Thanks.

I hope to be back on here soon, after the kids leave next week!

All take care, hugs to all!

#5267467 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Hey there lady… good to see you…. and the cabbage sounds great… will be nice this winter…I will keep your daughter in my thoughts and know she will come home safe and sound. Enjoy the grandkids….and get back with us when you can…

Huggers…

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5267487 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Hey, Karmen! Great to see you again! So cool about your sister!  I will pray about your dd’s safety in the middle east!

#5267537 Report Abuse
    4mybackyardpa5
    4mybackyardpa5
    Participant

Hi Karmen, It is great to see you. Thought maybe you were sick. You just disappeared. Glad you are back. Sorry about your DD going over seas.  I don’t think you ever mentioned a sister. I’ve got to send you an email when your company goes. I don’t want to interfere while they are here you’ll have enough to do. But I kind of have that problem with my 2 girls. I try to not take sides but it is hard.ttyl     Maybe I’ll drop you a line in the mail, but you know how I am about writing.

photo 123.gif

#5267674 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Good to see you.  Enjoy your guests and stop in when time allows.  I know you are busy and freezing cabbage for future use is good.  I am hungry for cabbage salad so will buy a head in store.  One store has homegrown produce in its dept. and so that is good.  I fix boiled dinner in winter with cabbage, ham, etc.

#5267677 Report Abuse
    Carol Johnson
    Carol Johnson
    Participant

Karmen one thing nice about BYC is you are always welcome back …prayers for your daughter’s safety…

x_3d759b92 photo x_3d759b92.gif

#5267747 Report Abuse
    feedinthebirds
    feedinthebirds
    Participant

Been wondering about you!  Procedure went well…had the stent in for 2 weeks…didn’t really hurt,just uncomforable.  Glad the stone is gone.

I usually freeze cabbage, but not this year..it doesn’t amount to much…have the worst garden we have ever had.  Been picking green beans…love them fresh.

Had 2 grandkids here this week, they left today and it is kind of quiet.  We always have a good time.

Sorry to hear your daughter will be going to the Mid East…pray for her safety.  I’m sure it is a big worry.

Talk to you later

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.