Hey Stellos, (Stella) …

Home Forums Gardening Garden Pics Hey Stellos, (Stella) …

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by GiddeyUp GiddeyUp 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    GiddeyUp
    GiddeyUp
    Blocked

Hi there,

U wanted to know what the yellow one was …

http://www.birdsandblooms.com/community/topic/gardening-pictures-past-present-friday-13114/page/2/

See last reply …

photo 2.gif

#4873945 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Thanks Giddey for the reply. I have never seen a Japanese Maple here in Quebec. Well not in my area that is. I wonder if it would grow in my zone. Sure puts a lot of colour into a garden. I have a Forsythia that blooms in the spring. Mind you it blooms and it’s all over…Does not last a long time.

Does the Japanese Maple continue blooming for a longer period than a Forsythia? I could use some light in my backyard towards the fence.

The only Japanese trees that grow here are the Japanese Almond trees. They are very expensive here, but oh my, what a showing in the spring!!!!

Stella
    Community Team Member

#4874757 Report Abuse
    GiddeyUp
    GiddeyUp
    Blocked

Japanese Maples, (that’s the red one, blood something or other is the name) should grow there if they grow here …

The Scottish Broom died the next year, lol …

photo 2.gif

#4874774 Report Abuse
    GiddeyUp
    GiddeyUp
    Blocked

Scottish Broom in full bloom …

photo 2.gif

#4875665 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Giddey, my neighbour has what we call around here a red maple.  So I’m not sure if we call it by the appropriate name.  I have to say, it’s a beautiful tree.  The leaves in the fall look so healthy…they seem to have a wax coating.  Also the last leaves to fall.  I’ll ask my neighbour if she has the real name for it.

It’s the Scottish Broom that I’m interested in.  I’ll have to scout around all the garden centres and see if they have this species of tree.  It is such a cheerful tree.  Thanks for all your information.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#4875682 Report Abuse
    GiddeyUp
    GiddeyUp
    Blocked

:)

photo 2.gif

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.