Happy Easter from the Midwest 4-20-14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Happy Easter from the Midwest 4-20-14

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by bwatcher bwatcher 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

Good morning , I hope everyone is enjoying their Chocolate bunnies :-) . I have my day planned  wood if it sunny and warm . if it rains as they said it supposed to I will work on getting my bed into the new bedroom . That being said I am going to go test that bed out right now lol.

I hope everyone has a Blessed Easter Sunday .

Hugs

Sandy K.

Find more about Weather in Lupton, MI

#5134588 Report Abuse
    snowwolf57
    snowwolf57
    Participant

Good morning all it is 50 degrees and headed into the 70′s again today well the turkey is smoked and the ham is ready to go in the oven.   I have the cheesy hash browns ready to go the fruit salad is next the Easter salad is half done and the cream puff dessert bottom is baking just to put it together,   the deviled eggs are next in line.  The dry this hair and off to church before the kids get here.   So that is my day in a nut shell.   Hope you all have a great Easter and May God Bless You all  !!!!!!!!!!

Well have to get moving will check back later tonight.

signature_2.gif photo signature_11_zpsd05916a9.gif

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by snowwolf57 snowwolf57.
    #5134593 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

Happy Easter,  Just checking in to be sure everyone is OK>  Looks good.  I am off to hide the eggs, only short this year, only 5 to each GK we did 20 apiece last year, I guess too old now.  Its going to be hard this year, as Ashley is working, and Gage will be at his Dads.  Life goes on, but Gage and Ashley are coming this morning.  Kaylee and Justin will do later in the day.  I will just fix Tori up as she isn’t coming.

Dena,  Just a thought, it is to be a nice day and some can eat outside.  We are to be in the middle 70′s.

Mary,  Love hearing about the baby.

Be back later, enjoy your day.

Carol

#5134632 Report Abuse
    Lair
    Lair
    Participant

Happy Easter everyone, It is 53* and bright, not sunny but if you look close, there is a shadow.  Without a family, today is much like all the others.  No big plans for me.  I am on the verge of an anxiety attack thinking all I have to get done.  I should have worked on my list earlier this week. the boys did come over for 4 hours yesterday and we got a lot done. tomorrow the realtor is supposed to come and do the listing so that is my pressure right now.  Something wrong with the board this morning because I can’t correct anything without erasing it. Too much for me to deal with right nwo.  You all have a great day, I’ll be back when I have more patience.  Lair

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by Lair Lair.
    #5134643 Report Abuse

hopscotch
    Participant

Happy Easter, all.  It’s going to be in the high 70′s or low 80′s today.  Maybe rain later on.

This is what I did yesterday after work.

It’s strange to think that after 22 degrees Tuesday morning, I could plant on Saturday.  Forecast doesn’t show any coldco I went for it.  At this point, it’s only 10 plants, and I could cover if I need to.

Just DW and me today.  Chicken, and whatever today.  Have a Marie Callender’s pie in the freezer.  Have a good day.

#5134647 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

Change of plans for me . I went outside with Bella dog this morning and unless it warms up a bunch I will be staying indoors and maybe do nothing  .Not  mentioning  my muscles hurt lol.

Snow enjoy your day with the family . Your dinner sounds yummy , I been thinking about going out and boiling some eggs for deviled eggs  lol . Safe trip to and from Church .

Carol they may not be showing  up all at the same time but it’s great you get to spend time with the grands .I’m sure they will still have fun finding their eggs .

Amanda called me at midnight wanting to know if I had any plastic eggs (I have tons) so here we are at 1: am going threw totes in the garage looking for them lol.  She has to work today but before she went to bed she hid them all over the house for the kids to find lol.

Lair as I said no plans for me either ,with Amanda working we are going to have Easter tomorrow And we are just doing chicken on the grill with a few salads . I like Carols idea of eating outside if its warm enough . Don’t let all this stuff get you into a tizzy ,your one person and if it doesn’t get done today it will be there tomorrow . The realtor is coming to look at the bones of the house and if theres a bit of a mess who the heck cares , tell them to take pictures and exclude that part lol.  I know your feeling  so over whelmed with everything  but your only one person.   Take a deep breath and relax it will all work out I promise . As you guys keep telling me one day at a time  . Hugs

Sandy K.

#5134653 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

Leroy we must have been posting at the same time lol. You pretty  flowers sure are cheerful . I hope the frost is gone for you now . I can’t wait to get mine into the GH . We still have patches of ice melting very slowly here . Enjoy your dinner  and Happy Easter .

Sandy K

#5134704 Report Abuse
    Jan
    Jan
    Participant

Happy Easter to all–we had brunch at our youngest daughter’s & now back home & just the ‘ole bird’ and the ‘ole heifer’.

The ‘ole heifer’ is getting that pyro urge bad & today just may be the afternoon to burn off the asparagus patch & the lavender patch & destroy some weeds hopefully.

Tonite for supper I have a ham steak & a sweet potato for us & some leftover fruit salad.  I was going to buy some fresh asparagus at the store yesterday but it was a little pricier that I like so it stayed at the store.

You all have a good one

Jan

#5134795 Report Abuse
    bwatcher
    bwatcher
    Participant

We’re still here in Des Moines. It’s 81 down here, almost to nice! We’re going to have pizza for supper. Dinner went really well. We were all really stuffed when we got done. There was only a little piece of beef roast lift and some chicken. DD will have some leftovers for maybe a couple meals.

We girls did go to two garden places. Yeah, I broke down and bought another African Violet. I tried to walk away, but it just called my name!

I hope everyone had a great Easter.

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by bwatcher bwatcher.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.