General Tips for Site Problems

Home Forums Backyard Chat Community Help General Tips for Site Problems

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Jill Staake Jill Staake 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jill Staake
    Jill Staake
    Keymaster

Our tech team has suggested a few things you can do if you are having problems with the site loading improperly or if you’re having difficulty logging in.

1. Try clearing your browser’s cache. Try visiting this site for instructions for each browser.

2. Ensure your browser is set to accept “cookies”. If possible, try clearing your current cookies in case they’re causing the problem.

If you’re still having trouble, try posting here on the forums or email me at florida33girl@gmail.com

Jill Staake (florida33girl@gmail.com)
    Birds & Blooms Community Manager
    Tampa, Florida Zone 9b

#4783059 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

Excuse me, but WHAT is a COOKIE?   I’ve heard of them many time’s and I’ve yet to figure out what they are… or used for, or how ….and WHY? If you’re ‘Computer Savvy’ I guess you’re supposed to know these things, but dunce’s like me are left to wonder?

#4783071 Report Abuse
    Jill Staake
    Jill Staake
    Keymaster

Not a dumb question at all, Nickle! That is one of those computer terms that get thrown around, and no one ever seems to know what it means. Basically, a “cookie” is a little piece of information your computer stores and sends to a website while you’re visiting the site. It allows you to do things like log on, have a site show what links you’ve already visited (usually by making them a different color on your screen), and so on. Nearly all websites these days require the use of cookies, so your browser is basically always set to accept them. Sometimes, though, they can cause some problems, so it’s necessary to clear them out and start over. You can learn more about HTTP cookies in plain old English with no fancy tech talk here: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/defining-and-dealing-with-web-cookies.html

Jill Staake (florida33girl@gmail.com)
    Birds & Blooms Community Manager
    Tampa, Florida Zone 9b

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.