Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Wednesday 8/14/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Pics Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Wednesday 8/14/14

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Wednesday picture thread. Feel free to post the picture or pictures of your choice.

Petunias in one of the many containers I have started this spring.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

#5143982 Report Abuse
    skippydel13zone6KY
    skippydel13zone6KY
    Participant

Torch lily from last year, this year I have three little sprigs that survived

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5143989 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Lovely petunia….and love the torch lily!

My tulips are starting to bloom.  These are always the 1st to open.

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5143991 Report Abuse
    Gitti Z5
    Gitti Z5
    Participant

The Iris is always the first one in bloom

photo signature_1_zps17dbf24d.gif

#5144024 Report Abuse
    abeyl
    abeyl
    Participant

Hostas         Abey

#5144050 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Steve, your Petunias are coming along fine, still tiny but full of blooms,   the landscapers have planted some deep pink ones, will see how they do??     Char, pretty tulips, the same for Gitti, that’s a pretty bunch of Iris…Abey, your Hostas look nice and healthy….my first Canna to bloom

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5144058 Report Abuse
    Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

My Christmas cactus from this last Winter and some wild violets I found by chance far into the isolated mountains I went to the other day. I love violets!

#5144098 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

This was actually the 1st Iris to bloom.  The yellow one I posted last night was 2nd.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5144153 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Spring flower….trillium…

Neighbor’s Rhoddy…

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5144158 Report Abuse
    Magnolia15
    Magnolia15
    Participant

Purple Leaf Plum blossom.

http://birdsofthebog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Purple-Leaf-Plum1597.jpg

-birdsofthebog.com

#5144168 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Steve, I just noticed the date.  In a hurry, are you?  LOL

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5144224 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Deloris… Those are pretty torch lilies. Hopefully you will still get more coming up. This was a rough winter and I think most of us lost something we didn’t expect to lose.

Charlene… What pretty lilies those are. It may have taken longer this year for them to bloom but it was worth the wait.

Gitti… Thats a really pretty flower bed. Besides those pretty iris in bloom I also see some really pretty tulips in that picture as well.

Abey… Nice looking hostas. Looks like you have done some work making that a nice bed for the hostas.

Ili… Your canna is a real beauty. I’ve always been a big cannas but for some reason they never come back for me.

Wendy… I really like your Christmas cactus. Good you could fine those pretty violets on your walk.

Gayle… Thats really a pretty iris. Sure is nice seeing some of our beauties blooming again.

Stella… You have some really pretty spring flowers. Looks like spring has arrived there.

Magnolia… Thats a beautiful blossom. Your pictures are always just spectacular.

Thanks everyone for todays great picture show and also want to thank everyone for the comments as well.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.