Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Wednesday 7/16/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Wednesday 7/16/14

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Wednesday picture thread. As always everyone is encouraged to post the picture or pictures of their choice.

My birdbath/planter is really doing well now. Looks like the profusion zinnias are taking over lol

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

#5264489 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Steve, that is beautiful.  I like it better than the arrangement last year.  I’ve had no luck with the profusion zinnias.

Going thru some pictures I haven’t gotten around to  posting yet.

Ice Plant

Bi-Colored Spirea

Fairy Roses

And Torch Lilies

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5264491 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Steve, your birdbath planter looks great!   My other Bougainvillea and Cleome all bloomed out…

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5264507 Report Abuse
    Donna
    Donna
    Participant

Oh Steve your bird bath planter is so pretty. Aren’t you happy that you rescued it!!!!

Gayle, love all your pretties, especially your ice plant, very vibrant.

ili, once again lovely pics, especially love your Cleome, one of my favourites.

This is my sister’s BES vine, it’s huge. Glad she shared her pic with me.

Donna_Canada_Z_5

#5264511 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Steve, your birdbath planter looks wonderful!

Gayle, you have some lovely flowers.

ili, your flowers are gorgeous.

Donna, wow that is a beautiful vine; I’m glad your sister shared her picture.

I saw these beautiful hanging baskets on every street pole in this little town not far from us. I don’t know how they can keep them looking so good in all our hot weather.

#5264513 Report Abuse
    Donna
    Donna
    Participant

mmarnee I think we would all love to know how they keep those baskets looking so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing..

Donna_Canada_Z_5

#5264573 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

Steve-Your birdbath looks great.

Gale-Your ice plant is looking great.  I got one this year and hope it blooms this year.

Ili-Your bouganvillea is so pretty.  I had one years ago and liked it.

Donna-That bes vine is huge!  I never got one to look like that.  Your dsis must have a green thumb.

Mary-Our town has baskets like that too.  They water them daily.

A few basket progressions

From this

To this

From this

To this

From this

To this

From this

To this

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5264603 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

It is so nice that most of us take pictures, otherwise we can easily forget the fabulous  transformations that take place from season to season…

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5264612 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Pretty baskets Melissa.  I’m not a big fan of Marigolds but those sure look great.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5264627 Report Abuse
    iris43
    iris43
    Participant

Steve, your birdbath is looking wonderful!  And there’s so much time left to the season to enjoy it.

Gayle, i like all your flowers but I really like the setting you have for your torch lily.  Perfect!

Donna, your ds’s BES vine has really put on a show.  Nice!

Ili, your picture is very slow loading and I can’t see it yet, but I’ll be back later to check it out.

Mmarnee, what a gorgeous ball of bloom!  LOL  The hamlet I live in has four hanging baskets like that every year.  Two years ago someone stole them.  Last year, the young students they had working for them found them hard to water so didn’t and they died.  And this year, they started off beautifully…….but last week I noticed they gave up watering them, so they are now just dried-up sticks.  :(

Melissa, your container baskets have really done well.  I like them all, but the one of the marigolds is my favorite.  It is going to be beautiful for fall colour.

These are a couple roses that I thought I had lost to the extreme cold last winter.  It has taken them a while to put forth some flowers but here they are.

#5264645 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

What beautiful flowers here today!  I love all of the beautiful baskets and containers.  Well done everyone!

Since Noreen is back, I will share a pic of some Las Vegas Lights Phlox drummondi that she shared with me….I LOVE them and hope to save seed!

In a container here with Loftus

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5264646 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Loved everyone’s pictures.  Steve, I agree with Gayle…I like it even more this year.  Gayle you know me and roses.  Ili your bougainvilla picture looks like a painting…nice!  Donna, just like the rest of our country….huge gorgeous vine.  Melissa, your containers sure are lovely.  Wish mine were like that.  Iris…no need to say anything about roses….they are my very favourite flower.

This year’s flower box on deck…

My little visitor on the

Hemeracollis

….

I mentioned to you yesterday that the assortment of asters is a mystery.  Here is one that is purple…..the next one will be pink…the one next to it…who knows.

Another Hemerocallis…

My old gerbera daisy….overwintered for 4 years…

Wild phlox…

Another side of Charlene’s poppies…I know…they look messy, but I just left the seeds to go where they want…it’s called freedom…..!  Love them.

Stella
    Community Team Member

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Stelios Stelios.
    #5264833 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Gayle… Ah ha, so you been holding out on us lol. Those are nice flowers and I really like that ice plant.

Ili… Your bouginvillia is looking good and that cleome is doing good too. I have a couple of cleome growing for the first time this year and really enjoying  them.

Donna… Nice looking blackeyed susan vine. I planted an entire pack of seeds of them this spring and got one whole plant to germinate. So far no blooms.

Marnee… That is a beautiful hanging basket. I’ve saw others posting about hanging baskets in their towns. Sure wish we had something like that in one of our towns.

Melissa… Wow your baskets have really done some growing and blooming. You must have spent a great deal of time caring for them. It sure shows too.

Noreen… Your roses may have been a little behind this year but those beauties sure were worth waiting for.

Charlene… Thats a great looking basket. You really are good at taking a couple of plants and making a fantastic basket.

Stella… You have some beauties there. I like sowing flower seeds and letting them just grow and bloom as they please. Nice flowers.

Thanks everyone for todays great pictures and comments.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.