Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Wednesday 6/11/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Wednesday 6/11/14

This topic contains 22 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Wednesday picture thread. We invite everyone to post the picture or pictures of their choice.

This site is really struggling right now and it won’t allow me to post a picture so hopefully later it will start working better and all of you will be able to post pictures. Not sure if its this site or our weather here and my satellite signal.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5152463 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Steve….so sorry that you were having computer issues and site problems last night.  I think I may be able to post a pic to start this off ……site seems to be working fine this morning.

Spiderwort is blooming…..I will soon have a couple new varieties of Spiderwort to share….Snowwolf sent me a couple this Spring.  These are just 2 that I have had for a number of years.

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5152477 Report Abuse
    Grandmaof2
    Grandmaof2
    Participant

Charlene, I like that pink. I have plenty of the purple. It is coming up all over and I really need to dig a lot of it before it takes over. It is pretty, but can be a bit invasive here.

Steve, I’m glad you put this in the Chat instead of the Pics because I forget to go to the pics to look. Just too much jumping around and I don’t have a lot of time here.

I may see if I have any old pics to post during my lunch break. Haven’t taken new ones, except of my Augustus flower.

Click for Orangeburg, South Carolina Forecast

#5152481 Report Abuse
    narnian
    narnian
    Participant

These are from last year, but they reseeded and I will have some more later!

I think these are Shirley poppies, I planted several varieties…

#5152497 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Charlene, you just answered a question I was going to ask in a post….Spiderwort.  My neighbor gave me one, and I love it.  This is such a nice healthy plant.

Linda, those are pretty poppies.  I’m partial to the hot pink and white one.

I cut down the mature virburnum.  Now all it has are the new growths.  I did manage to transplant a root from it.  Here is the offspring….

Spiderwort in progress…

Pink wegielia….

Iris….

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5152500 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

Charlene-Got my spiderwort planted in several different spots, plus shared 3 pink and 6 purple with my mom.

Linda-That pink and white poppy sure is cool!

My poppy is very yellow and this flower stem grew up thru the hosta leaves.

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5152504 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

Stella-you posted just before me!  Your wegielia looks so pretty behind the waterfall!

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5152538 Report Abuse
    anky37
    anky37
    Participant

Here is a weed that started to grow & since I wasn’t sure, at the time, if it was a weed or flower, I left it go. It’s about 5ft 4in tall. I have no idea what it is.

ok well i just can’t seem to get the size right, but you get the idea.

This is a pink painted daisy. It’s the only one I have, the rabbit ate the rest

What do you all set the dimensions at?? This is frustrating!!–Lupines. I lost most of them from last year

SIL said this was a tick seed. It looks like coreopsis. Anyone??

I quit. too frustrating!

photo signature_1.gif

#5152539 Report Abuse
    anky37
    anky37
    Participant

Ok well they look better now that they are posted. What sizing do you all do??

photo signature_1.gif

#5152549 Report Abuse
    Lair
    Lair
    Participant

Taken last week.

#5152551 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Having a hard time posting, Steve, sorry you are having bad weather…Beautiful Poppies, Iris etc…Anky, your mystery plant could be a wild Baby’s Breath ?? and Coreopsis and Teekseeds are the same…The pale pink is from a Bougainvilla

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5152558 Report Abuse
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

Sue don’t size it at all…I am told the system does it for you since the big change over for the board. And it does look way to big before you post or it does on mine….All the flowers are beautiful.

one of my lilies in May,

Red Honeysuckle in Spring

Golden Jasmine, a little different from Carolina Jasmine.

Hope everyone has a great day and keep posting…we all love to look at flowers…thanks

Janet...z7.
    Find more about Weather in Sharpsburg, GA

#5152574 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Good morning!  Love seeing everyone’s pics again here today!  Some great looling flowers!  Steve, I was having lots of trouble on this site yesterday, too!  Glad to know I wasnt the only one!  I did email Jill about it.  Seems ok so far today!

#5152577 Report Abuse
    Gitti Z5
    Gitti Z5
    Participant

Ladyslipper

photo signature_1_zps17dbf24d.gif

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Gitti Z5 Gitti Z5.
    #5152606 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Sue, Janet is right.  No need to re-size pictures on the new format.  It does it automatically.  Only thing it won’t do is make a small photo larger & won’t let you do it either.

Mexican Hat

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.