Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Wednesday 5/28/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Pics Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Wednesday 5/28/14

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Wednesday picture thread. Everyone is encouraged to post the picture or pictures of their choice.

Got a 6 pack of these snapdragons off the Lowes clearance rack for 25¢ about month or so ago.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

#5148213 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Pretty color, Steve.  Don’t live through the summer for me.

You asked about fungicide for that rose.  Yep, BTDT, religiously.  Doesn’t help.  Cut it back to the ground, didn’t help.  I’ve planted MG around the base, thinking they would grow up it & hide the bare branches.  That didn’t work either.

Here’s another rose.

Yellow KO

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5148219 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

Nice snaps steve and I love that color.

Gayle what a lovely rose…

My Bleeding Heart bush with friend..

Purple Rock Cress

mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Steve, very pretty Snapdragons and wow 25­ cents was a great price.

Gayle, beautiful roses: I love yellow roses.

Julie, very lovely Bleeding Heart; I tried to plant one last year but for some reason it just didn’t grow. Your Purple Rock Cress is really pretty.

These are my neighbors flowers; I really like them.

#5148313 Report Abuse
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

American Red bud tree blooming.

Sandy M.

#5148351 Report Abuse
    grannyfarmer
    grannyfarmer
    Participant

My first iris to bloom

#5148358 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Very pretty as always here!

The flowering Almond that I got from my Mom is blooming:

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5148367 Report Abuse
    snowwolf57
    snowwolf57
    Participant

signature_2.gif photo signature_11_zpsd05916a9.gif

#5148385 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Love everyone’s flowers!  That was a great buy for the snap dragons, Steve!  Those are some of my fav annual flowrers.  I just bought my snappies today, finally & my petunias.  Mm,  do you know what those flowers are?  I gotta get busy taking pics!

#5148500 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Gayle… What a beautiful rose your yellow knockout rose is. I hope to have several varieties of roses pretty soon. I recently ordered 5 roses from Brecks and they are really looking good. Not sure how long it will be before they bloom. 

Julie… Your bleeding heart is really pretty and its always good to see those kinds of friends hanging around. The purple rock cress is also pretty and of course one of my favorite flower colors.

Marnee… Thats some pretty flowers your neighbor has. I also see what could be maybe a Kousa Dogwood there in the background.

Sandy… I always love seeing those redbud trees. They really do a great job welcoming in spring.

Grannyfarmer… Your iris is a beauty. What a great color as well. A few spring flowers can sure get us excited about spring pretty quickly.

Charlene… That flowering almond is really pretty. Its nice having flowers and plants from our family members.

Snowwolf… Those are some beautiful iris. The ones in the  back almost look like a red colored iris. You also have a nice looking cat in that picture.

Marg… Yes some beautiful pictures here today. Anytime you happen to be at a Lowes be sure to check out their clearance racks with plants. Usually theres some there thats really cheap and often they really only need some water.

Thanks everyone for all of todays great pictures and comments.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.