Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Wednesday 5/21/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Pics Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Wednesday 5/21/14

This topic contains 19 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by SandraRW SandraRW 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Wednesday picture thread. Everyone is invited to post the picture or pictures of their choice.

I had planned on posting a picture of my Kousa Dogwood today but then I took this picture and it just cried out to be posted today. lol This is where the fragrance on my back steps comes from.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5146241 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

How nice Steve.  At first glance I thought those Dianthus were in a trash can till I looked closer.  LOL

I have no idea why the plants are called Ice Plant.  Maybe somebody else will know.

Didn’t you get a plant called a Flowering Fern?  (A free gift, maybe?)

I ordered mine from Michigan Bulb & this is what they look like when they bloom.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5146243 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Here’s the answer, Steve, to why they are called Ice Plant

http://aces.nmsu.edu/ces/yard/2005/040905.html

#5146256 Report Abuse

butterfly22
    Participant

I am new to this. I’d really like to post photos but I cannot figure how to do it from my cell phone.

#5146293 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Butterflu22…..welcome and we would love to see your photos and have you participate.  You need to use a host site to share pictures here.  Many use photobucket or Tinypics.  I use Picasa web.  You transfer from your phone to the host site and can then share them here.

This is a Martha Washington geranium blooming in a pot.

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5146302 Report Abuse
    snowwolf57
    snowwolf57
    Participant

Boy Steve your stuff is big I forget you are so much warmer than me.   Nice looking containers beautiful dianthus and stock.

Gayle  Pretty color bloom on the flowering fern

Nice of you to join us Butterfly22  Charlene told you how to post pictures so I will just say welcome and hope to see your pictures here.

Charlene Your martha washington is blooming like mine I like the looks of this one.

A few more things outside

Bleeding heart and variegated solemon seal.

clematis blooming in the flowering crab tree

signature_2.gif photo signature_11_zpsd05916a9.gif

#5146343 Report Abuse
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

Beautiful flowers this morning. Pansies I grew from seed.

Sandy M.

#5146365 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Snow, you just gave me an idea.  Plant BH with the Solomon’s Seal.  Mine look lonely by themselves under a tree but those two look good together.

#5146400 Report Abuse

butterfly22
    Participant

blue dawn flower

#5146403 Report Abuse

butterfly22
    Participant

Thank you Charlene for the information on how to download. My oldest daughter tried to help me with it and explained that it’s an app that’s needed. I’m such a chicken when it comes to getting any apps. Lol! Thanks also snowwolf for welcoming me.

#5146474 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Sorry Butterfly22 but I can’t see your pictures..and welcome from the Central Valley, Calif…

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5146479 Report Abuse

butterfly22
    Participant

Ili Z.9 I’m sorry. I tried several times today trying to understand how to use Picasa. Seems like I’ll never figure it out. Kept saying “can’t find album list” then ” having trouble creating album.” Sigh!

#5146480 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Beautiful new blooms to enjoy….Steve, that’s a beautiful scented bunch!!    My once lonely box for birdseeds…now, with a family of ???? (don’t know their name) birds…it is a bad pic but DH tried it before they left in a hurry….more pics coming….  Made another one hanging from the rodiron “lamp”….they like it also….

#5146483 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Butterfly22, I have Shutterfly, and I understand all are different…There are some friends here that use your company, probably they can help you…with Shutterfly is very easyl…just copy and paste…Don’t get discouraged, you will get it…lol…you don’t know how long it took me to do my siggy…

#5146535 Report Abuse
    SandraRW
    SandraRW
    Participant

I cannot remember if I have posted this one or not so I am going to do it (again maybe).  It produced seeds last year but I did not know how to get the seeds ready to plant until I found help on the internet. Got to get them cold. Maybe this year I will start the process of trying to grow some from the big seeds it makes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.