Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Wednesday 4/30/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Pics Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Wednesday 4/30/14

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Wednesday picture thread. As always we invite everyone to post the picture or pictures of their choice.

A couple of days ago I noticed a couple of my nasturtiums coming  back up.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

#5138942 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Your Nasturtiums come back every year?  Mine never did that.  Those in the picture are pretty.

Woodland Phlox. (Used as a groundcover in my Daylily Bed)

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5138946 Report Abuse
    Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

Steve-Just have to ask. Do you eat the Nasturtiums? I hear they’re kinda peppery.

#5138980 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

I don’t have nasturtiums nor 4 o’clocks come back from seed.  I have to plant them each year.

This is a wrist corsage that DGD#2 wore to prom Saturday.  I love this color combination.

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5138993 Report Abuse
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

My four o clocks sometimes come back but I usually start a few to. Beautiful flowers this morning.

Sandy M.

#5139223 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

My bougainvillea

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5139251 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Look what came home with me…..

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5139321 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Blooms from my snowball bush

More Blooms from my Rhodies

#5139335 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

I will plant some nasturtiums direct into the soil this year Steve.

Your Rodies are gorgeous mmarnee.

Lovely flowers everyone.  Stella you got a nice Gerbera there.  I am trying to get some seed to germinate from mine, but nothing yet.

Last years

Salad made with the flower

You can eat the flower and they do have a tangy flavor to them, something like pepper.  You can also eat the leaves….

ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Steve, what a pretty Nas, so the other ones posted…and the Snowballs are perfect….how I miss my bush from back in Sanger….I bought a new plant but died before getting established…   Amaryllis and Peony

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5139371 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Stella, I have one just like that !!  Pretty color.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5139383 Report Abuse
    NanaTnzone6
    NanaTnzone6
    Participant

Weather has calmed down here.  So I started moving hostas.  What a job.  Dug up one & gave 8 sections to friend & planted 2 for myself.  ”Night Before Christmas” was the name of the hosta.  Then noticed a few other things blooming, so here goes.

Variegated Iris

Wiegela Bush

Bloom from wiegela bush.

Hope everyone is safe & sound now.  So many folks have lost so much.  Take care, enjoy this wonderful day we have been given.  Happy Gardening, NanaTnzone6

FlyHummer photo signature_3-1.gif

#5139414 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Steve posted that he was working until 11 tonight and had to be back to work at 8am, so I will do the comments for him so he can get his butt to bed.  It is the least I can do for him.

Steve…..I love that color Nasturtium!   Does it come back the same true colors every year for you?

Gayle….that is a very pretty shade pf purple….a truly lovely ground cover.  Does it bloom all summer?

Sandy….that is certainly A BRIGHT  PINK !  I have that pink marbled with yellow, but not the solid one like you have….I am sure that puts a bright spot in your day when it is blooming.

Stella….that Bouganvillia is gorgeous.  I love your new Gerbera as well.  I heard it jumped into your cart….funny….it doesn’t look like an Olympic jumper….lol.

Mary….WOW….I cannot believe you have hydrangea blooms already.  Your Rhodies are prettier with every pic you share.  I am especially partial to the purple one.

Julie…you have quite a variety of Nasturtiums.  The ones you shared with me are just starting to peek through the soil in the GH.  Tonight they were telling me that they would like to see some sunshine!  I agreed with them.

Ili….your amaryllis a beautiful shade of red!  I have some budded in pots, but not blooming yet.  Love your white peony as well….the 2 look lovely together.

Stanette…..the wiegela is a beauty….but I am busy drooling over the variegated iris.  I LOVE variegated plants…and I have NEVER seen a variegated iris before….guess I will be in pursuit of one of those now.

Thanks everyone for todays great group of pictures and comments.

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5139464 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Charlene thank you so much for helping me out. Hate having to go back in so quick but right now we are extremely short handed and today it got even worse when another department walked out. Anyway also want to thank everyone for all of those nice pictures and comments. And Charlene is right. I need to get in bed. Thanks again Charlene.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.