Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Wednesday 2/05/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Pics Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Wednesday 2/05/14

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Gayle Gayle 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to Wednesday’s gardening picture thread. As always we invite you to post the picture or pictures of your choice.

This big ol sunflower says summer all over it and I am so looking forward to nice beautiful warm days like this much have been.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

#4899726 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

Morning Steve nothing perks you up like a Sunflower :-)  

Lady Slipper some times called a poor man orchid here .

sandy K.

Find more about Weather in Lupton, MI

#4903360 Report Abuse
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

I’d love to see the blue sky again. One of these days.

Sandy M.

#4904635 Report Abuse
    GiddeyUp
    GiddeyUp
    Blocked

Good morning all !

Nice pictures …

… to brighten the day !

photo 2.gif

#4907139 Report Abuse

Cowgirlok
    Participant

Steve or Sandy

What are the names of your sunflowers? Where did you get seeds? I can’t ever get any that big.

Thank you,

Vickie

Find more about Weather in Coweta, OK
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Vickie that is an old picture but as best I can remember those seeds likely came from Gurneys and was called Mammoth.

Community Team Member

#4907422 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Steve, looks like we are still on the bright side with these beautiful sunflower shots.  Sure feels nice on snowy winter day…!

Stella
    Community Team Member

#4908286 Report Abuse
    iris43
    iris43
    Participant

This is a picture I took while in Florida a couple years ago.

Don’t I just wish I was there now!  And I would be if it would stop snowing.

#4908376 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Enjoy all those pretty SF, and more….

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#4908820 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Ili, I love that siggie but you need to get it under the line for it to show up every time.  Whatever you did to get it here ;go to where it says add/edit signature & do it again.  You don’t want to lose that.  It’s too cute.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#4908864 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Since I saw some tulips breaking ground this morning I thought I’d go with this.

#4909399 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Lovely pics everyone!  I can tell we are all ready for this winter to be over.

This is always the 1st blooms I see in the Spring…but it will be a few months yet.

photo 100_1493.jpg

#4914083 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Gayle, I tried to place it in the space when you click Add/Edit Signature…it comes http:// etc…what is wrong???

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#4916439 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Sandy K… Your lady slipper is a pretty flower. Ya know I really don’t think I’ve ever saw one of them in person before.

Sandy M… Nice big sunflower. Yes I too love that blue sky but I’m looking forward to seeing blue sky with nice warm air to go with it.

Giddey… Those are beautiful flowers. Not sure exactly what kind they are but I’m sure I really do like them.

Vickie… Glad you stopped in and hope you can find some of those Mammoth sunflower seeds from Gurneys or even somewhere else.

Stella… What a big bright sunny sunflower. Those flowers in the background really go well it it as well.

Noreen… Those flowers are beauties. I have always imagined Florida to be full of lots of  beautiful bright flowers. Looks like your loading up and ready to go sure enough.

Ili… Thats a big beautiful bunch of roses in your picture. Sure looking forward to seeing some beautiful, fragrant roses blooming again.

Gayle… Your tulips are really bright. That sun sure looks good on them as well.

Charlene… Those are some really pretty crocus. Those yellow ones looks like little balls of sunshine. I know I’m ready for this winter to be over too.

Thanks to all of you for todays great pictures and comments.

Community Team Member

#4917929 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

I haven’t tried it yet ili so I can’t answer your question but I see it’s still there so I would just leave it be.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.