Gardening Pictures Past & Present…Tuesday 7/15/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Gardening Pictures Past & Present…Tuesday 7/15/14

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Tuesday picture thread. Everyone is invited to post the picture or pictures of their choice.

Rose Of Sharon

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

#5264136 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Steve, lovely..are all from one plant?   lost all the ones I bought last year, white is fine and one that can’t remember the color is trying to survive…. One of my Bougainvilleas that started to bloom…Pic.taken from kitchen

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by ili Z.9 ili Z.9.
    #5264141 Report Abuse
    Donna
    Donna
    Participant

Steve, your ROS are doing great, very pretty colours. I used to have more than a dozen at my other house but none here.

ili, you always show such pretty pictures of all your blooms.

Lilies

Donna_Canada_Z_5

#5264144 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Steve, your Rose of Sharon is gorgeous.

Ili, your Bougainvillea is really beautiful; I love the color of the blooms. Your plants always looks so lovely. I believe you ask if Mt. Hood was volcano; from what I have read it is a potentially active volcano.

Donna, your lilies look so healthy and are beautiful.

I had to move the hummingbirds favorite little feeders away from the patio today as they were covered in bees.

The bees were swarming around me when I took these pictures.

#5264145 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Pretty ROS, Steve,  I’m waiting for my Blue one but it will be a while yet

Two more Hibiscus blooming today (Lady Baltimore was yesterday)

This is Lord Baltimore

Blue River

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5264192 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Very pretty everyone!  I love all of the ROS and hibiscus.  Ili…your courtyard is especially lovely right now.   Beautiful lilies, Donna!  Mary….I know the bees are a good thing, but I prefer seeing the HBs at your feeders….lol.

I am sharing this pic again….several commented on the dinosaur or lizard….well look closely….there are 2 dinosaur in there!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kathy shared a pic of her Mexican Flame yesterday….we each got obe when we went to the Amish GH…..I really like it!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a coleus on the front porch….the basket was given to me since it didn’t sell on a friend’s garage sale…..it has a metal handle….I love it!

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5264214 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

Very lovely flowers one and all!  I also would not want the honey bees quite so close to my house.

Geraniums from Charlene

This little guy has been hanging out on my solar light in a large pot of petunias and datura.  He’s soooo cute!!!

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5264224 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

This is a great time of the year for flowers.  After that awful spring, the flowers are finally blooming.  Yes, some were early, and some had difficulty.  Now that I have been away, I can see things picked up…..so did the weeds….grrrr.

I’ll try to identify as many plants as possible.  I began my garden project in 2001.  At that time I did not think it was important to keep the tags.  Sure found out fast when someone on this forum asked me what a particular plant was called.

Campanula Blue Chips….

Salvia Blue Hill…

Hemerocallis Pandora’s Box…..

Another Hamerocallis….

Zahara zinnias…not doing as well as last year.  Maybe the seeds I gathered were not as fresh as the ones from the seed company.

Lavandula..Munstead….a work in progress…

Wild phlox….

Wild geranium….

Charlene’s poppies….in progress.  I took this last Friday, and now 50% more have opened their buds.  I will try to take a better picture.

Stella
    Community Team Member

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Stelios Stelios.
    #5264254 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Good morning!  Steve, love the rose of sharon!  Ili, love your backyard!  Mm, ack!  Bees on the hb feeder! Hope you dont get stung!  Gayle pretty!  Charlene, love the lizards, pretty Mexican flame!  Also love the indoor basket arrangement!  Melissa, great geraniums, cute critter there!  Stella, wow!  What a lot of beautiful flo wers you have!

#5264260 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Still checking all the pretties…that Mexican Flame is something it might like our heat…would love to find one…but I’m banned by DH from any Nursery…as you can see my CY is looking like a jungle…a nice one..lol…..Sorry MM, for those bees, I would say leave one for them, maybe will not bother the rest…lol….We have zillion ants, and since don’t want much poison around I go out every chance with my “exterminators” soupy water sprays…I look like a cowgirl shooting with both hands… 

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5264464 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Ili… Your bougainviillea is beautiful. I haven’t ever grown those but may have to try one of these days…………My rose of sharon came from Michigan bulb company several years ago and it was several small plants of different colors growing in a container together. They have done really well.

Donna… Those are some really pretty lilies. They are one of my favorite flowers and those are a great color.

Marnee… Wow I’ve never had a problem like that with honeybees on a hummingbird feeder. Sometimes I do have wasp and yellow jackets on them. Wouldn’t mind honeybees but not that many close to where I wanted to be sitting.

Gayle… Those hibiscus are gorgeous. That red one sure got my attention. After seeing the one Snowwolf sent me I may have to look into getting another one or more.

Charlene… Ok I’ve looked hard and even tried highlighting that picture but I can only find one critter in there. The other one is well hid lol. That Mexican flame is just beautiful. No wonder you both had to have one of those. Your coleus is a bit different looking but it is pretty.

Melissa… Nice looking geraniums. They are always fun plants to grow. That little frog would sure be welcome in my garden too. I love seeing them in and around my garden.

Stella… You have lots of beautiful flowers. Yes those weeds can always be counted on lol…………… I have some of your zahara zinnias blooming now too. They are from the seeds you sent me and they are really doing well. I especially liked your first picture of the blue chips.

Marg… Yep theres lots of great flowers on this thread today. Glad you got to check them out.

Thanks everyone for sharing all these great pictures today and we are always glad to have the comments as well.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.