Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Tuesday 5/27/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Pics Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Tuesday 5/27/14

This topic contains 12 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Tuesday picture thread. Everyone is invited and encouraged to post the picture or pictures of your choice.

I’ve got to show my foxgloves one more time. I promise not to show them any more this spring.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5147901 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Steve, your foxgloves are beautiful.   couple of mine (the oldest ones) are really tall this year but I’m waiting for full bloom before taking pictures.

Meanwhile I’ll continue with some of my roses

This is the same KO I did a before & after of last week.  Just a different view.

Zephrin Douphin Climber.  Now this is the one with the really great aroma, Steve.   Only problem is it is very susceptible to Black Spot & by mid summer all the leaves have fallen.  I keep saying I’m going to get rid of it but I can’t bring myself to do it.

Same rose

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5147907 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Steve, that foxglove is pretty; last year  I had one like the one in your first picture.

Gayle, your roses are beautiful.

These flowers are next door and I can’t remember the name of the white ones.

#5147949 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Gorgeous flowers Steve, Gayle, and Mmarnee.  Roses are my favorite flower.

Here is a tulip.  I know it does not look like one.  It looks more like a peony.  My DIL gives me tulip and hyacinth bulbs every year.  She buys them to encourage a fund raising event at the college where she works.  I’m the happy ‘receiver’…..

Another tulip….first time I have tulips that are a group of three….must be the species.

An interesting tulip that has these dark bars around….

Mountain Fire Lily of the Valley….spring colors….

Japanese Almond…

\

Lubularioa…

Geranium in flower box..

Miniature rose…gift from our town….

Small annual violas…gift from town…

More bleeding hearts….slightly wet….

Ground phlox….

Steve, I hope I redeemed myself after not posting much on your thread.  It’s slow here in my area….LOL

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5147976 Report Abuse
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

Lilacs in full bloom last week. Never got a chance to post them. Beautiful flowers everyone.

Sandy M.

#5148046 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Very beautiful pics…..Steve you can share pics of those as much as you want…very beautiful!

I tried to post here earlier this morning, but couldn’t…so I will try again.

i know I promised no more tulips…..but these are the latest blooming ones….I just have to share or their feelings would be hurt….lol

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5148060 Report Abuse
    heatherincolor
    heatherincolor
    Participant

Remember all those baby plants I posted when I first joined? Well they finally started blooming! Here are my first home grown flowers!

this is my first cosmo. sunflowers were home grown too. penunias were clearance rack rescues

This is apparently the best pic I have of my first cosmo. The sunflowers are home grown too. The petunias were clearance rack rescues :)

Find more about Weather in Durham, NC

#5148068 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Love the flowers!  That foxglove sure is beautiful, Steve!  Stella, what a gorgeous array of flowers!  Gayle, love yours & like the fence!  Flowerpower, love your lilacs!  Plantdoctor, like the lilies!  Heather, glad your flowers are coming up!

#5148092 Report Abuse
    abeyl
    abeyl
    Participant

A rose that was given to me, no name but has been in their family eight generations. Abey

#5148193 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Lovely FGs Steve, so all the many other blooms, especially that light color tulip, Lilacs and pink old fashioned roses….Can you see the diff shape/texture of this Hydrangea.??.I love it

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5148195 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Heather…isn’t it fun knowing that you have grown those beauties from seed?  They look great….you must have your Dad’s love for zinnias.

Margba…thanks, but those are tulips.  It will be a while before I have lilies blooming. LOL

A rose by any other name….whatever it’s name is…it is certainly lovely.

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5148196 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Ili….I can for sure see what a lovely hydrangea that is!

Abey….I was just looking through yesterday’s pics and there is a rose posted by Kim that looks a lot like yours.  She says it is

Redoute”

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5148206 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Gayle… You really do have some nice roses. Think I would put up with that black spot just to get that strong fragrance. Have you tried spraying it with fungicide?

Marnee… Those roses and the white flowers (what ever their name is) really look good together. Nice to have neighbors that has beauties for you to enjoy without having to do the work.

Stella… Oh my you have  bunches of beautiful flowers. I’m really surprised you have that many this early way up there but I bet you are really enjoying them.

Sandy… Thats some beautiful lilac blooms. Sure would like to have been there to get a good sniff of them.

Charlene… Your tulips are just beautiful. I think we all enjoy tulip pictures as often as we get to see them. Glad you posted them  because if its one thing I can’t stand its………….tulips with hurt feelings.   :-)

Heather… You too have quiet a few beautiful flowers already. Think the marigold you gave me is just like the one in your picture. And I’m so glad to see zinnias blooming now. Your going to have a really pretty flower bed once it gets going really good. Don’t you just love the rescue rack ? (see my Thursday picture)

Marg… So glad you are getting to enjoy all these pictures as well. We’re still waiting to see your pictures.

Abey… Oh wow that rose has been around for a long time. All those petals sure does look more like an old timey rose. 

Ili… Your hydrangea is a beauty. Hope you get lots of blooms off  it to share with us this smmer this summer.

Thanks everyone for todays great picture show along with the good comments.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.