Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Tuesday 5/20/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Pics Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Tuesday 5/20/14

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Tuesday picture thread. We invite each of you to post the picture or pictures of your choice.

This is another foxglove. I grew these several years ago and then  they died out. Last summer I had 4 or 5 of them suddenly come up and now they are blooming. Guess they just wanted to rest for a few years.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5145942 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Glad your foxglove is blooming again.  I have 2, so far, getting ready to bloom.  I’m so glad I finally found a spot where they will grow for me.

My picture files got mixed up so not sure if I’ve posted these yet or not.

One of my Iris

And a Dutch Iris

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5145975 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

love the foxglove and iris.

My Trillium that I got from my Mom years ago are blooming….another sign of Spring.

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5146095 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Very pretty foxglove, iris & trillium!

#5146106 Report Abuse
    snowwolf57
    snowwolf57
    Participant

Steve nice looking foxglove

Gayle Can’t wait till my bigger iris bloom and I see what I have this year and what colors I lost.

Charlene Your trillium is gorgeous, beautiful blooms on it.

I have a few more things blooming in my yard

Aquilegia Mini Star

Fernleaf peony

signature_2.gif photo signature_11_zpsd05916a9.gif

#5146114 Report Abuse
    abeyl
    abeyl
    Participant

#5146116 Report Abuse
    abeyl
    abeyl
    Participant

Well I posted too soon. A peony poppy. Abey

#5146148 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

I sure enjoyed looking at all of your pretty flowers.  It’s a slow season….that is blooming time.  Everything is late, but here are a couple of early flowers.

Ground Phlox…

Bleeding Heart….

Yellow Tulips…

Miniature Bleeding Heart….

Hyacinth….

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5146162 Report Abuse
    SandraRW
    SandraRW
    Participant

I love seeing everyone elses beautiful flowers

I am especially envious of the Trillum “abeyl”C harlene

I have working in the yard again today. <span style=”font-size: 13px;”>Does anyone else deadhead knockout roses? Not sure if it helps or just wasting my time making them look “cleaner”. </span>

Has anyone had any experience with Ice Plants? This flower was in full bloom at our Botanical Garden on Monday  and we were thinking it might be a good plant to get started on a slope in our woodland park. Here is a photo from Monday of the “ice plant”

I thought I would also share a “smile” we came across in the botanical garden. Not sure if the plant is “Having a Nice Day” however. 

#5146171 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Sandra I deadhead everything incl the KO roses.  LOL

I have Ice plant in several spots in my yard & love it.  Very easy to care for (doesn’t require much care.).  I just planted 2 new ones yesterday & this is my oldest one.  All of mine are planted on slopes.  That is the perfect spot for them.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Gayle Gayle.
    #5146178 Report Abuse
    SandraRW
    SandraRW
    Participant

Thanks Gayle

#5146229 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Gayle… Those iris are really pretty. For some reason my iris keeps wanting to lay down. Not sure why because seems everyone else has no problem with them standing  up.

Charlene… That trillium is a beauty. Spring sure was worth waiting for after all wasn’t it.

Marg… Glad you got to stop by and enjoy the pictures today.

Snowwolf… Those are great looking flowers. I especially like that fern leaf peony. Just gorgeous.

Abey… Oh what a pretty iris. Thats just a beautiful color. Your peony poppies are some real beauties as well.

Stella… Your ground phlox sure is pretty. Its always good to see those bleeding hearts. Those yellow tulips are great also but are they a double bloom or what. They don’t seem to look exactly like the simple tulips. Of course we like the hyacinths and the fragrance they provide.

Sandra…  What pretty flowers on your ice plant. Never grown those before. Your cactus does look happy but when I see those I think  back to many years ago when we grew those and all those tiny thorns lol.

Gayle… Those ice plant flowers sure are pretty too. Just curious  have you got any idea how it got the name of ice plant. 

Thanks everyone for todays great pictures and comments.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.