Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Tuesday 5/13/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Pics Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Tuesday 5/13/14

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Tuesday picture thread. Everyone is invited to post the picture or pictures of their choice.

I am so happy to see these yellow iris now in bloom.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

#5143634 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Steve, your yellow Irises are beautiful.

I’m not sure why but this year my snowball tree just has blooms on half of the bush.

#5143695 Report Abuse
    heatherincolor
    heatherincolor
    Participant

hey, i recognize those irises…

my garden is blooming!

Find more about Weather in Durham, NC

#5143754 Report Abuse
    Gitti Z5
    Gitti Z5
    Participant

photo signature_1_zps17dbf24d.gif

#5143757 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Yeah Steve, and Heather,  I’ve seen those pretty yellow Irisis in somebody else’s home…….MM, your bush still looks good and full, mine did not make it …Yesterday my Red Yucca had another little bloom…the DLs are from the landscaping around

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5143782 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

How pretty Steve.  I do have some here too.  But just coming up..LOL

Heather…..yippie!  Your garden plants look great!!  Your seeds are on the way in the mail today, so be looking for them.

mmarnee…some of my bushes did not make it last year.  This year was even tougher on them, so we will see what happens.  My lilacs have leaves coming right now.  Your snowball bush is beautiful.

Lli…Your yucca looks wonderful.  The DLs are very pretty.  For a hot region things look really good and green there.  Can you send some sun this way??

This is what was happening on my backyard patio this morning.  There are no leaves on the oak trees here yet.  Hard to believe, huh?  Some orioles coming in for breakfast….grape jelly.

Add to that one RoseB Grosbeak and an Indigo Bunting along with a female oriole..

With not much greenery around here yet the birds do venture here for food.  Our Hummingbirds are here too.  With no flowers showing here, not even a dandelion, we keep sugar water out for them.  My bleeding hearts are up but are rather small this year.  I see some blossoms on them, so the hummers will have something.

abeyl
    abeyl
    Participant

Some of my flowers, it has been raining so much. Abey

Lots of poppies to bloom yet and lots of weeds and four o’clock to pull.

#5143790 Report Abuse
    abeyl
    abeyl
    Participant

Peony poppies just beginning to bloom.     Abey

#5143876 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Gorgeous flowers and birds everyone!  Julie, can you please send some Orioles my way!!!

A few tulips to share….

Sad looking Hellebore

Red Tulips…

First time for me..orange tulips…

Gift from DS#1

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5143881 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Hey Taky, I would love to send you some sun…really lots of it….it is already too warm…everybody is dreading Summer temps this early…your birds are gorgeous, the few around here are not showing any interest in my feeders…probably high maintenance  chicks…  Stella, glad you are getting some of your plants to bloom, your DS’s  gift is beautiful, hope it lasts for a long time for you.. Abey, those poppies are my favorites, very short lived in our area

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by ili Z.9 ili Z.9.
    #5143942 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

My Iris are also starting to bloom.

And this one is growing in the woods from a piece of rhizome I tossed in there at some time.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5143947 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Marnee… What a pretty snowball bush. As for why it only has blooms on half the bush I expect it has something to do with the more than usual unusual weather this year.

Heather… Good to see the vegetable garden coming along. My squash has just come up. Not sure what the second plant is but I’m guessing its some sort of herb. It sure has some pretty dark green leaves on it.

Gitti… Thats a nice spring flower garden. I’m sure your enjoying all those flowers.

Ili… Your red yucca is doing very well. I didn’t even know they came in red. Those daylilies are doing great too.

Julie… Those orioles are just beautiful. I would love to see all those orioles near my yard. I love those rose breasted grosbeaks. Only see them here in the spring and summer during migration.

Abey… Your flowers look to be enjoying all the rains. Sure is pretty and green all around there. Those peony poppies are just beautiful.

Stella… Those beautiful tulips sure do look happy. I just love that hanging basket with the beautiful petunias.

Gayle… Thats some really pretty iris. I have saw them blooming in fields before too when I thinned them out and then tossed them to the field.

Thanks everyone for all of these great pictures and comments.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.