Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Tuesday 5/06/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Pics Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Tuesday 5/06/14

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Tuesday picture thread. We invite each of you to post the picture or pictures of your choice.

Azalea

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5141366 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Beautiful Azalea Steve; my red one is also in full bloom. I have it planted by the driveway so I don’t see it from inside the house and don’t know if the hummers like it or not.

This is the view from my computer room window; not sure what bush the red one is, the trees with the white flowers are Horse Chestnut trees.

#5141390 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

Steve all three of my red azaleas that I thought had frozen out are blooming now, mine look just like yours. Yesterday I took a break in the gazebo, noticed something colored out in the shade bed, looked and it was the new Rhodie that I planted last year so here are a couple of pics from that, had to get on my knees to take them it is still so small…..but MIGHTY! :)

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5141405 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Lovely Spring blooms!  Molly….glad that your rhodie is alive and well….very pretty.

I have this blooming, but it is in my greenhouse.

Abutilon

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5141424 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

All of my abutilon are blooming now in the greenhouse but I only have white and yellow, Charlene your red one is beautiful! When it is time for you to trim yours I wouldn’t mind finding some of the cuttings in my mailbox. How is that for a bold faced hint???

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5141519 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

LOL…..I hear you, Molly.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5141591 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Just a few spring flowers….minus the hellebore because it looks like heck!  I won’t use part of the definition of the species…LOL

Forsythia…

My mom’s scented violets.  You can tell that winter was hard…the leave tips are white.  I don’t ever remember them being that way.  They were a lush green.

Blue flowers….don’t know the name….

Four year old hyacinths.  For some reason they don’t have as many petals.  Guess they are getting old.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5141689 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

I don’t have any blooms here yet, but I did buy a Gerbera Daisy that is blooming…

steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Marnee… What a beautiful view you have to look out and see. The red and white blooms really look good together.

Molly… I have always loved rhododendrons but for some reason have never had one. Glad you got on your knees for us lol. 

Charlene… Now thats one beautiful flower. I would love to have a container that beautiful whether or not it was in the green house.

Stella… Thats a nice collection of spring flowers. I know your happy that spring is arriving there.

Julie… What a pretty gerbera daisy that is. I love those flowers. Haven’t ever had one until this year and waiting for one of them to open soon.

Thanks everyone for todays great picture show and the good comments as well. A special thanks to Molly for getting on her knees to get us some pictures. lol

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.