Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Tuesday 4/29/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Pics Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Tuesday 4/29/14

This topic contains 11 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Tuesday picture thread. We invite everyone to post the picture or pictures of their choice.

Expecting to be seeing lilies like this one  before too much longer.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

#5138431 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

I have a lot of lilies coming up & I’ve planted several new ones this year.  One is supposed to be Green.  I’ve had to spray Deer Repel on them already as I’ve seen some signs of what looks like nibbling to me.  The deer like the tender new growth & I really have to keep up with the spraying when the buds start coming out.

If you can put up with another tulip picture, this is a close up of one of the Parrot Tulips from yesterday.  I think it is my favorite.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5138468 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

Gayle I sure do envy you being able to grow tulips there, here they are food for squirrels so I gave up trying to grow them. All winter long the pansies in the pots next to the front steps looked dead, but now they are looking very pretty and will be until the heat gets to them IF we ever get heat this year:

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5138484 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

I love your lily Steve….such a bright yellow!

Gayle….I never tire of seeing tulips and I am lookiong forward to seeing some in my yard.  I like that parrot as well.

Molly what lovely pansies…very nice color combo.

I have something blooming!  I posted this in another thread, but thought I would share it here as well.  I know crocus are history for most of you….but a promising sign of Spring to me right now!

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5138485 Report Abuse
    snowwolf57
    snowwolf57
    Participant

Nice lilies, tulips and pansies or violas you all have this morning.   I have a few tulip pictures they have finally started to emerge and bloom.

my species tulips

regular tulips

signature_2.gif photo signature_11_zpsd05916a9.gif

#5138676 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

I am looking forward to seeing something bloom here too.  It has been so cold.

Pretty lily Steve.  Gorgeous flowers all.  It is great to see something blooming where it has been so cold.

My Mini Pearl Dwarf Daylily from last summer..

Stella Day Lilies.

Asiatic Lilies

flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

Some signs of spring in my neck of the woods

Beautiful pictures as always.

Sandy M.

#5138802 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Beautiful flowers everyone; and I never get tired of seeing any Tulips!

My red Azalea is in full bloom.

#5138820 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Gorgeous pictures everyone.  I’m still waiting for the tulips to send out buds.  It’s a long process here this spring.  It’s been so cold not much is growing.

A datura from last year to go with the theme…

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5138848 Report Abuse

razzmataz
    Participant

Well, I have finally made it here to post a pic again.  I am slowly making my way around this new site! Lovely pics everyone.  I am so glad to see a few things blooming here……….

and these are my little guests in my storage building…………

#5138911 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

I was sure that I had posted this picture yesterday!!!  but, couldn’t find it   ????   Here, goes again, my Scented Geranium blooming in this little basket…I have a bigger one in the ground also…loves the smell

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by ili Z.9 ili Z.9.
    #5138937 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Gayle… No wonder that tulip is your favorite. Its a real beauty.

Molly… Great looking pansys. Don’t worry about the heat. Its still only April and I expect it won’t be that long till we get some good summer heat.

Charlene… Your crocus are really pretty. I know how excited you are to see those pretty blooms after winter appears to finally be leaving.

Snowwolf… What pretty tulips those are. I especially like those orange and yellow ones.

Julie… Those are all some very pretty lilies. I for one am sure looking forward to seeing them bloom again.

Sandy… Thats some sure signs of spring. Nothing says spring like hyacinths and daffodils.

Marnee… Your azalea is a beauty. I know all your hummingbirds are really enjoying all those blooms.

Stella… Nice pretty flower. That white really does show up with the dark green foliage.

Wanda… Those flowers are some beauties. I really do like your guest in your storage building as well.

Ili… What a beautiful geranium that is. I am a big fan of flowers with a sweet fragrance.

Thanks everyone for todays great group of pictures and comments.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.