Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Thursday 6/19/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Thursday 6/19/14

This topic contains 21 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Thursday picture thread. Everyone is invited to post the picture or pictures of  your choice.

First I want to say I had  nothing do to with the name of this rose.

So heres the first blooms on my Midnight Blue rose.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

#5155147 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Whatever the name it’s a beauty.  My favorite flowers are roses.  Here are a couple that survived the winter…

This is the William Shakespeare Rose.

This is one of the Canadian Explorers Roses, but I’m not sure if it’s the William McKenzie or the John Cabot.

Close up….

The Shakespeare one not completely open.  I thought you might like to see it when it just begins to bloom.  I like is just as much as when it’s completely open.

Bee Balm….dwarf

Hugging poppy…lol

Double petaled columbine…

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5155151 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Pretty roses, Steve & Stella.

Some Siberian Iris

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5155159 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

Very pretty roses Steve and Stella.  Gayle I sure do like the Iris you have grown.  I got some pictures at the garden walk I was at tonight.  Haven’t gotten out to take any more at home yet.

I love this huge pot of geraniums.

I like this mixed pot along the driveway of coleus, sweet potato vine and canna lily.  Hostas are planted in the wooded area.

More beautiful Hostas

Astilbe I think..

Love this ball in the middle of the flower patch.

You would think that this would be the front of the house but it is the ladies backyard.  In the picture top left with all the ladies standing around, the gal with the white hair is the one who put this all together with her husband.  I love this fire pit.

She had quite a few of the clay leaf bird baths.  You can make them using leaves from Hostas and Rhurbarb for design and then firing them.  There was a yellow dahlia blooming in there too.

Hostas in front of the house with glossy leaf Astilbes.

There is more.  I uploaded these from the walk so far.  More to come later.

Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

Love all the pictures this morning…..very colorful

These are a few of what is blooming in our yard.

Miniature Bee Balm

Bloom from Tulip Tree….it is blooming for the second time this Spring.   or Magnolia

This is Tulip Tree

Tropical Hibiscus that I over wintered.

that I thought would never come up….

Pentas

Cana Lilies

My favorite flower….so dainty

Red and Purple Verbena

and this is a picture taken off the tv watching these people put this together….

Red,  White and Blue on one side and Red for Christmas on the back side.  Neat Huh !

Do you remember me painting these bird bath bottoms last year…well this is what I ended up doing with them.Have a great day and hope everyone is safe from this crazy weather we have been having.

Janet...z7.
    Find more about Weather in Sharpsburg, GA

#5155179 Report Abuse
    Grandmaof2
    Grandmaof2
    Participant

All so beautiful. I will come back later and take a closer look.

Since Charlene had mentioned amaranthus yesterday I thought I would post a pic of mine. I started some with seeds from Gayle a few years ago and they have self seeded in this spot. They are too tall for the outside of this bed, but I will let them stay and try to sprinkle the seeds in the center of the bed in the fall.

Click for Orangeburg, South Carolina Forecast

#5155194 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Steve your rose is lovely….such a rich red color.

Stella and Janet….you certainly have lots of things blooming now….so beautiful!

Gayle….I guess I never got a picture of my Siberian Iris….yours are lovely.

Julie….looks like you guys had another great garden walk.  Those are very pretty gardens.  I am sure you got lots of ideas since there are many shade gardens and you have lots of shade.  The rhubarb leaves this year would be great for making bird baths….they are huge.  I see Marge in your group….tell her hi.

Leslie….I am sorry that none of those Monarda I sent you grew….I sure had good intentions.  I know you’d love more of the red.  Your amaranthus are very pretty.

Another of my clematis is blooming….this ine climbs on the gazebo

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5155199 Report Abuse
    Gitti Z5
    Gitti Z5
    Participant

Beautiful Flower’s

Purple Salvia.

photo signature_1_zps17dbf24d.gif

#5155205 Report Abuse
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

Wonderful flowers this morning. My dd’s rose I let them pick the color they like.

This is a remembrance rose for my cousin. A very pretty peach color

Sandy M.

#5155272 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

What great flowers today, and love the birdbath stand bench.  Great job.

Julie-That white plumed flower is goats beard.  I bought one last year but mine is still fairly small and hasn’t flowered yet.

Lots of native wildflowers blooming.

False solomons seal

Canada Mayflower or False Lily of the Valley

Bluebead Lily

Jack in the Pulpit (LOVE IT!)

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5155277 Report Abuse
    iris43
    iris43
    Participant

So-o many great flowers today!  I love the huge hostas, and the roses, and the lovely Siberian iris, Gayle, (mine isn’t blooming yet), all the potted plants!  And, thank you, Melissa, for the great pics of the wild flowers.

Here’s what is starring in my garden this week since the iris are almost faded away……..

#5155323 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

Iris-Are your ladyslippers wild or did you buy them?  They are gorgeous!

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5155325 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Wow,  Just so pretty, everyone!  Steve, love your roses!  Stella, what great flowers & grea t pics!  Gayle, nice irises!  Julie,love your garden walk pics! Janet, love your flowers!  Sandy, pretty roses!  Charlene, what great looking flowers!  Melissa, love all yours, too!  Flowerpower, neat pics of your flowers!  iris43, love those! Are those jackinthepulpits?  Grandmaof2, love your flowers, also!  Gitti, love the salvia!  Don you get lots of bf’s & hummers at them?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by margba margba.
    #5155342 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Janet, I like what you did with the  Bird Bath Pedestals.  We call that tree a Magnolia.

Leslie, everybody had success with those seeds but me.  LOL

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5155349 Report Abuse
    abeyl
    abeyl
    Participant

More coneflowers.They really are more red than pink. Abey

Asiatic lilies

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.