Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Thursday 5/22/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Pics Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Thursday 5/22/14

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Thursday picture thread.  We invite everyone to post the picture or pictures of their choice.

Verbena. Y’all can see what fancy containers I use lol

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

#5146575 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Pretty Verbena.  I bought some over the weekend but haven’t gotten around to planting it yet.

Charlene said she wasn’t familiar with Nine Bark so I promised her a picture of it in bloom .   This is its 1st year for blooming.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5146587 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

The Honeysuckle in the backyard is blooming.

And the Hummingbirds love it.

#5146615 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Steve…lovely verbena and I believe I see a lisianthus growing in the back of the pot?

Gayle….now I do remember the Nine bark…Donna posted it before and it is very pretty!

Mary…what a beautiful honeysuckle vine….I bet it smells so good.

Snowwolf….from the pictures you’ve been posting, you must have a lovely yard and I am amazed how far you are ahead of us here.  I guess Spring came earlier in your area.  Have you gotten any rain this Spring?

Butterfly 22….you have to open an online account with Picasa.  It sounds like you have the app on your phone for the pics, but then you transfer the pic to your onine albums to share them here.  It is called “quick upload” if you see any option like that

Tulips here yet

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5146890 Report Abuse
    snowwolf57
    snowwolf57
    Participant

Steve nice color verbena plant looks so healthy

Gayle Nice color ninebark which one is it Diabolo, I have one called Coppertina that the leaves look two tone

Mary Nice honeysuckle vines and I can smell them already so sweet and light

Charlene  You have a very nice assortments of tulips so many different colors.   My gardens are a mess for sure but thanks for the nice compliment, I have so much work to do in them and no time I am surprised though how much is coming back and some things are just breaking ground now and other things are way ahead of schedule it is going to be a weird year again.   Those 4 days of 80-88 degrees really made things pop.   Rain what is that I will have to start watering soon I dig and it is so dry.

Here is a pictures of pulsatilla papageno a double flowering type and I picked this one out of the batch a few years ago because it had a huge double flower and a nice shade of pink

signature_2.gif photo signature_11_zpsd05916a9.gif

#5146898 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Gayle… That is a pretty plant and flower. Its got a some nice dark colored foliage as well.

Marnee… No wonder your hummers love that honeysuckle with all those blooms. We get a wild variety of honeysuckle here and the hummers also love it and I love the fragrance of it as well.

Charlene… Your tulips are so pretty. They remind me of peppermint candy………Yes theres lisianthus in that pot. In fact theres 3 plants in there but the other two are shorter than the verbena. Now if I just remembered what color or colors they are lol.

Snowwolf… Thats a really pretty flower even if I don’t have any idea how to say its name lol. It does have nice fern like foliage too.

Thanks everyone for todays nice pictures and comments.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.