Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Thursday 5/15/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Pics Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Thursday 5/15/14

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Thursday picture thread. We invite everyone to post the picture or pictures of  your choice.

This is my first gerbera daisy bloom and I even started it from seed !!!

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

#5144236 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Congrats Steve.  Good job & pretty.  I have some blooming , but not from seed

A new plant for me this year.  Called a Wood Hyacinth.  I thought it would bloom in early Spring like the regular Hyacinths but it is blooming now.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5144237 Report Abuse
    Donna
    Donna
    Participant

Love your Gerbera Daisy Steve, you really looked after this one, very healthy.

Pretty Wood Hyacinth Gayle

Fringe Lily from Cape Arid National Park, Western Australia.

Donna_Canada_Z_5

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Donna Donna.
    #5144265 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Yay, Steve!  How many gerberas did you end up growing from seed?  I also have that red and love it!

Gayle….that is a lovely hyacinth.  Mine haven’t bloomed yet this year.

Donna…you been to Australia?  LOL  That is a beautiful lily.  It reminds me of a passion flower I grew one year….gifted to me from Pagemaker that used to be on our board.

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5144410 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Lost my post….Here again,  Steve, you are a very good gardener, that GD from seed is a proof…..Gayle, very pretty Hyacinth, probably got confused with the weather changes….Donna, that’s very interesting and Char, your PF was gorgeous, my vine never came back….My neighbor’s tree, it is blooming and I think I am the only one to admire it…See if you can ID it ??

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5144587 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Gayle… Thats a pretty wood hyacinth. Guess even if it blooms later its much better late than not at all.

Donna… Wow thats a beautiful flower. Wonder if any of us can grow that around here.

Charlene… Those passion flower vines have beautiful flowers. I had one here for a couple of years but I found it to be extremely invasive here so had to spend a couple of years getting rid of it.  I really do like those flowers though………….Think I ended up with something like 9 red gerberas and 2 yellow ones. They yellow ones still have some growing to do and I have given away some of the red but still have some I need to put in some sort of a pot. Wonder if anyone has any good ideas of something that would work well with them in a combination planter.

Ili… Your neighbors tree is a pretty tree. I have no idea what kind it is. Wonder if it makes some sort of fruit or even seeds for birds to eat.

Thanks everyone for todays really good pictures and comments.

Community Team Member

#5144971 Report Abuse
    SandraRW
    SandraRW
    Participant

hey Steve, I planted Gerber’s and Cosmos in a balcony rail planter and it seems to love being togther. There is lots of sun, which the comos love. My gerber’s have nice full leaves that give a good green covering over the dirt. The colors are various pinks, white (and of course green leaves).

#5145027 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Thanks for that info Sandra. I do like cosmos but have only grown them one time and they were the really tall ones but so pretty.

Community Team Member

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.