Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Thursday 5/08/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Pics Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Thursday 5/08/14

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Thursday picture thread. Everyone is invited to post the picture or pictures of their choice.

Petunia. Wish I could say I grew it from seeds but truth is I bought this beauty.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5142062 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

I love the color of that petunia Steve.  I don’t have any pictures to share with you because photobucket is down for maintenance right now.  So, I guess all I can share is my siggy picture..LOL.

mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Steve, that is a pretty Petunia; I really like the color.

Julie, well the flowers in your siggy are lovely.

My Irises are starting to bloom; and this is the first one to bloom.

I never tire of the Rhododendron bush; the flowers looked lighter in the sunlight late today.

#5142110 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Steve…that is a beautiful petunia.  Julie….I love your siggy!  Mary….what a beautiful iris…and I also can understand why you enjoy the rhodies so….just gorgeous!

Yesterday I discovered that the yellow Butterfly bush that Janet shared with me made it through the winter!  YAY  I hope Janet sees this.

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5142136 Report Abuse
    heatherincolor
    heatherincolor
    Participant

oooohhh, that is a nice purple petunia, pops!

i also like that purple iris! hoping one of mine turns out to be purple- mom forgot which ones she gave me :)

and i STILL haven’t seen a single butterfly at my house :-( maybe i shouldn’t have dug up my butterfly bush…

my iris has bloomed!

Find more about Weather in Durham, NC

#5142183 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Great assortment of blooms today….so glad nobody is complaining much about bad weather..Lovely Petunia..I can see it surrounded by pinks and purples or just white ones for contrast….

My version of a Hummingbird’s feeder…not very much appreciated … as yet ??   My Red Hydrangea that is nothing like red…but a very pale color, not happy with it, now sitting by my front door

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5142214 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Charlene, I love your yellow Butterfly bush and Butterfly.

Heather, I absolutely  love your yellow Iris.  At one time I had several colors of Irises, White, Blue, Yellow, Purple and the most unusual one was a chocolate brown. Now the only yellow Irises I have are the Bearded Irises. All my other Irises turned Purple.

From what I have read the dominant color of iris is purple and will take over if the bloom stalk is not removed shortly after the bloom dries up.

Ili, your planters and flowers are always so pretty. I had to smile when I read about your hummers and your feeder; my hummers  have like 7 feeders in the backyard and what do they like the best the bottom of an old feeder I use as a feeder for the Warbler. They also like the little 3 0z feeders; I can use them until the bees and wasps find them.

#5142244 Report Abuse
    snowwolf57
    snowwolf57
    Participant

Love all the flowers today everybody,   I really like that color of petunia also I think I bought some of those last year and they did good for me.

Mary I love your rhodes and I have an iris that color also, nice.

Heather I keep trying to get a yellow iris but everyone I have tried so far has died for me over winter don’t know why I have other colors but not the yellow one.   I even lost my pretty brown on this winter.

Charlene  That yellow butterfly bush is the one that ususally is the hardiest. except for buddleja argentea.

I love the rest that everyone posted today also nice to see such nice pictures of your blooms and places.

more tulips that came into bloom

my pot of docatheon that I will plant later this year in the shade

signature_2.gif photo signature_11_zpsd05916a9.gif

#5142277 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Marnee, what type of Iris are you referring to that reverts to purple?  My Bearded Iris have buds but no blooms yet.

And I’m still looking for a yellow B’fly bush.  Unfortunately none of Gary’s seeds germinated for me & I checked at the nursery Tues & they didn’t have any.

Asparagus Fern #1 is in it’s summer home.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5142361 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Ili….I have a red hydrangea.  When it starts to bloom, they are pink and they turn more red as they mature….do not give up hope!

Snow,,,,love that Docatheon!  New to me.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5142368 Report Abuse
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

This is what my DH bought me today….I was completely surprised , as he left here to go get new tires put on his truck….but aren’t they pretty…..They do not have any smell though….I got white ones at Easter and they really smelled good….and the ones I have in yard smell good…..WHY  they are Asiatic Lilies.

Love all the pictures today……it is getting Spring all over….Feels like summer here already.

Janet...z7.
    Find more about Weather in Sharpsburg, GA

#5142369 Report Abuse
    abeyl
    abeyl
    Participant

Dianthus I planted last spring, love the silver foliage. Abey

#5142378 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Gayle, the Iris I was talking about is like the Iris in my photo. If I remember right I read about purple being the dominant color  in a Garden guides.

#5142408 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Looks like a Dutch Iris.  I have them in different colors,but I always deadhead mine & cut the stalk back, anyway

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5142437 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Julie… Well at least you still have some flowers to show us. That is a pretty sig.

Marnee… Your iris is really pretty and I always love seeing rhododendrons. Sure looks like a really pretty day there. 

Charlene… That yellow butterfly bush sure is a beauty. Its always good to see those monarchs too. It appears my yellow butterfly bush didn’t survive the winter.

Heather… What pretty iris those are. It should only be a very few more days till I have some blooming  just like yours. Yep they originally came from the same place.

Ili… Hopefully the hummers will learn to use your hummingbird feeder. I like it anyway. Sorry your red hydrangea isn’t the promised color but hopefully you will like it after a while. It is a pretty bush.

Snowwolf… I really like those red tulips. Its hard to beat a pretty red tulip. Your docatheon are  some beauties as well and such a pretty color.

Gayle… Your really pretty fern appears to like its new home. Late last winter I pulled up a fern in the woods and brough it home. Now its looking really good.

Janet… Those yellow lilies are stunning. I have some like those as well (at least I had some if they survived the winter) and I really enjoy mine.

Abey… Oh your dianthus is a beauty. I bet you have a sweet fragrance when your around them.

Thanks everyone for all of these beauties today and really good comments as well.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.