Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Thursday 5/01/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Pics Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Thursday 5/01/14

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by ili Z.9 ili Z.9 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Thursday picture thread. We invite everyone to post the picture or pictures of their choice.

Looking forward to seeing and smelling my butterfly bush in bloom once again. Of course I’m also looking forward to seeing the butterflies it attracts too.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5139470 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

OK, I was too late.  LOL  I’ll move mine over here:

Happy May Day.  Now if it will just warm up & feel like May, it would be great.  Since Steve is not going to get much rest tonight, Charlene & I are taking pity on him.  Since she did the comments for Wed. pictures I will do Thur. thread

Charlene, you asked if those flowers lasted all summer.  Unfortunately, no.  They are more of a late Spring thing.

So let me post a picture & get off here before Steve gets home & starts another one. (You can ignore this sentence.  Didn’t work)

I planted Dwarf Iris in this bed several yrs. ago & then moved them elsewhere.  This one got left behind & since it does well here I just left it “as is”.  Always the 1st Iris to bloom

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5139509 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

You’re welcome, Steve.  I guess I could have started todays thread, but I thought maybe you had something new blooming that you wanted to share.  I guess Gayle tried….lol

A few years back when we had a cool, wet Spring, some of my Oriental lilies got almost 5 ft tall.  We are having another wet, cool Spring….so time will tell if it happens again this year.

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5139541 Report Abuse
    heatherincolor
    heatherincolor
    Participant

i finally have enough things blooming that i get to CHOOSE what to share! ;-)

Find more about Weather in Durham, NC

#5139566 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Great pictures.  I am partial to roses though!  I love that color of yours Heather!  Have you received the seeds I sent you.  Eva received hers and I sent to both of you at the same time.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5139579 Report Abuse
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

My favorite rose I hope it comes back this year. Heather yours is beautiful also. Envious you have them blooming already. Beautiful pictures as always

Sandy M.

#5139584 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Steve, lovely color of your BB…for sure you will get some Butterflies around soon….. I also love roses…even though in my c ase sometimes a pain…..Iris and Lilies gorgeous also….I don’t know if the same rose as Sandy’s

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5139592 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

One of my roses from last year..

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5139593 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

One of my roses from last year..

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5139611 Report Abuse
    heatherincolor
    heatherincolor
    Participant

ooohhh, i forgot to bookmark this post! what beautiful roses you guys have! i can’t help but stick my nose in every one i pass ;-)

yes Stella, I did! thank you so much!

I got seeds from another lady a few days ago and I couldn’t remember her name so i was waiting til i got home to check before calling people the wrong name ;-)

hope to get a new group planted tonight!!! :-D

Find more about Weather in Durham, NC

#5139832 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Beautiful flowers everyone.

When I was young we would make May baskets for the May Day. We would fill them with either candy or flowers and hang them on our friend’s front door. We would then knock and run and  hide and watch for their reaction.

Today I made this May basket with rhododendrons.

Happy May Day Everyone!

#5139935 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Mary…..I LOVE your May basket!  I would be happy to have that hanging on my door.  We also did the May basket thing when I was young, but it was always candy or baked goods since we don’t have many if any flowers here May 1st

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5139948 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Gayle… Thats a pretty iris. This afternoon I noticed I have several iris buds so hopefully will have some blooming soon……..Thanks for starting the new thread for me last night. Looks like you were 2 minutes ahead of me but I apparently was already in the process of posting when you posted yours and I didn’t see yours till I  had already posted. I do appreciate the efforts and thoughts from both you and Charlene last night.

Charlene… What pretty lilies those are. Sure hope the ones I planted (somewhere) last fall does that well. Maybe tomorrow I should go out looking to see if I can see some coming up somewhere. lol

Heather… Those are pretty flowers. Your rose bud sure looks like its going to be a real beauty. Be sure to get a good sniff when it opens.

Sandy… Thats a beautiful rose bud too. Sure hope it comes back this year too. I am impressed with you folks that have those pretty roses without the black spot on the leaves.

Ili… What beautiful roses. That soft pink color is almost saying sniff me. Sure look forward to the sweet fragrances we get in the summer from our gardens.

Stella… Of course your roses are just as beautiful as the rest. I see you also have the beautiful leaves with no black spot.

Marnee… I really like your May basket and the idea of giving them to others. Anyone would be thrilled to find a beautiful basket such as that hanging on their door.

Charlene… I would also be thrilled to find a basket of baked goods or candy hanging on my door.

Thanks everyone for todays great pictures and comments.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5140079 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Yes Mary, what a loving and fun thing to do…anyone can drop one at my door…and I don’t mind what month it is..lol…..my neighbors back in Sanger, will make a beautiful basket with a few  fruits and veggies and delivered to neighbors…miss their gesture … then, we will reciprocate as long we had something growing or giving to us to share…..Nothing like that in this neighborhood…

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.