Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Thursday 2/13/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Pics Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Thursday 2/13/14

This topic contains 16 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Thursday picture post. We invite each of you to post the picture or pictures of your choice.

I took these pictures when I got home Wednesday. Expecting a lot more of the evil white stuff overnight.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5047825 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

You got to admit, it’s pretty as long as you don’t have to go anywhere.  We’ve got rain.

One of my flower beds a few years ago.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5048301 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

Steve, you got SNOW!  If you get enough of it, make us a snowman, for we want to see your artistic side..LOL.

Nice flower bed Gayle

My backyard upper patio

mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Steve, your photos are beautiful.

Gayle, your flower bed is lovely.

Julie, you have a very nice patio.

As you may know we had freezing weather and snow for three days then freezing rain.

Hummer in the snow

Monday it rained and the snow melted

#5054577 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Very lovely pics.  Steve….it is pretty…no doubt about that.  In answer to your question about my pic yesterday.  I did not grow the baskets for the city but from 2005 through 2010 I ordered all of them and cared for them throughout the summer…. watered them daily (sometimes twice per day).   30 hanging baskets plus 30 large containers (I did grow some of the plants for the containers)

In addition to the cities plants, I also watered and cared for these for the people that own the lumberyard.

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5055205 Report Abuse
    iris43
    iris43
    Participant

Very cool night pics, Steve.   Glad you got home safe and sound.  The snow is pretty as Gayle said, as long as you don’t have to travel in it.

I have a pretty little lily.

#5055460 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Great pictures this morning.  I’m still practising and playing with my camera.   I still am not quite sure what setting to use for a close up.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5057175 Report Abuse
    Grandmaof2
    Grandmaof2
    Participant

Charlene, those are beautiful. I should post another garden progression photo. The middle bed in front now has a huge limb in it and broken birdbath.

Click for Orangeburg, South Carolina Forecast

#5058075 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Wow…it really looks pretty (snow) but really I wouldn’t like to have it in front of my door…we only have to drive about 40-45 min to see it…today, it is supposed to get in the low 70′s…just crazy!!                   Lovely pictures from you all….I imagine how much work was  involved in taking care of those beautiful hanging plants..  Thank you for your comments in my CY..here is the left hand side corner…

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5058780 Report Abuse
    Roboutside
    Roboutside
    Participant

Stella, you know what they say…..if all else fails, read the directions.lol  Just teasing, just teasing!

Steve, your house has a steeple? HOW COOL! LOL  Sorry all you southern folk are getting such abnormally cold weather. I get no pleasure from it at all …..no, really.

Thought I d share a winter pic from a few years ago.

photo signature_2.gif

#5060633 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Looking through my pictures for “M” week I came across this picture from last year of the same bed I posted earlier.  I refer to it as my Angel bed becasue of the Statue & stakes.  I’m always looking for new Angel things to put in there.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5060911 Report Abuse
    GiddeyUp
    GiddeyUp
    Blocked

Hi there Steve and everyone !

Great Winter pictures and nice blooms !

Anthurium, also known as tail flower or flamingo flower …

photo 2.gif

#5064896 Report Abuse
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

Alium

Sandy M.

#5065012 Report Abuse
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

This is road from our house out to the main highway this morning…No we did not venture out but the road are in good shape as Georgia was prepared this time…Looks like my picture just disappeared …let me see if it did.

Janet...z7.
    Find more about Weather in Sharpsburg, GA

#5065150 Report Abuse
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

So I will try again.

This is one of the gold finches eating snow and food.

This is my favorite picture of this winter storm…I went out with camera and large umbrella to keep me and the camera dry…bu had a hard time balancing that act so only got a few….The ice was falling out of the trees bad.

this was at the Dollar store last week…..Have enjoyed all the pictures today as usual . I have three Amaryllis’s blooming out in the sun room…one is still a bud.HAVE A GOOD NIGHT ALL….GOT TO GO WATCH THE IDOL SHOW…BE GLAD WHEN THEY GET DOWN TO A DOZEN .

Janet...z7.
    Find more about Weather in Sharpsburg, GA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.