Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Thursday 2/06/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Pics Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Thursday 2/06/14

This topic contains 34 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to Thursday’s picture post. As usual we invite everyone to post the picture or pictures of their choice.

Not a pretty garden picture but for sure a favorite food of our birds. Polk Berries.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#4917525 Report Abuse
    dsp
    dsp
    Participant

It isn’t quite Thursday here yet, but I thought that I would go ahead and post.  I enjoy seeing the poke berries in your post, Steve232_nc, as we have some also and our birds seem to love them!

Here are a couple of my favorite gardening photos:  my butterfly bush (Buddleja, or Buddleia) doing its job!

This photo was taken in October of 2013:

This one was taken in July 2013:

butterfly on butterfly bush

Find more about Weather in Huntsville, AL

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by dsp dsp.
    #4917992 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Nice pictures.  I’ll be glad when Spring gets here & I can start posting something new.

My Butterfly & B’fly Bush picture

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#4918945 Report Abuse
    Donna
    Donna
    Participant

Steve love your Polk Berries.

dsp, beautiful pictures, they are so sharp. I don’t think I have welcomed you yet, so Welcome, I am Donna from London, Ontario, Canada where there is a ton of snow.

Just a bee on a bloom

Donna

Gayle, another great pic.

Donna_Canada_Z_5

#4925110 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Very lovely pictures as usual.

dsp….great pictures….I also want to welcome you and hope you continue to share your great photos with us here.  I have started several butterfly bushes from seed and I hope at least one of them is white.

Another plant that certainly seems to attract butterflies……Tithonia…aka Mexican Sunflower.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#4925502 Report Abuse
    Gitti Z5
    Gitti Z5
    Participant

photo signature_1_zps17dbf24d.gif

#4925983 Report Abuse
    dsp
    dsp
    Participant

Thanks for the welcome, everyone; I am so glad that I joined these forums for the Super Bird Bowl!  Everyone’s flowers and butterflies are so beautiful that seeing them warms up this cold winter day!

Charlene, Mexican Sunflower looks like a beautiful plant; I am going to research them and find out if they will grow in my zone 7b climate.  I haven’t grown regular sunflowers in several years, but I have some seeds and plan on trying to grow them this summer, hoping to grow some of my own birdseed.

Find more about Weather in Huntsville, AL

#4926158 Report Abuse
    GiddeyUp
    GiddeyUp
    Blocked

Hi everyone,

Beautiful captures !!!

I can’t find my flutterby on a bush so here’s a fly on a dahlia …

Have a wonderful day !

photo 2.gif

#4926333 Report Abuse
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

Beautiful Pictures everyone….Steve I think your Polk Berries are very pretty…Wish I had some around here for the birds …this is a wild plant isn’t it…???

Welcome dsp from zone 7…..I live in z 7 and the Mexican sunflower does great everywhere or it must because Charlene lives in the coldest place on earth (Ha Ha) with tons of snow  and below zero temps a lot of the time , and I live in Ga. where we have snow once a year…and they do well here also…At my house they grow really large and tall but I have seen them not so big so I guess it is where they are planted and how much water they get…Would be glad to send you some seed if you will get your address to me….we did have a place where we could send private messages on here and I think shortly we will be able to again but with the new setup they have at the moment they didn’t include it yet.

dsp   we would love to know more about you and there is a profile section where you can go fill out if you want to….Have a great day…..

Janet...z7.
    Find more about Weather in Sharpsburg, GA

#4926914 Report Abuse
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

I found this beauty on the sun porch this week . The other bud in the middle is open now….I had these in pots in yard all the summer , paid no attention to them at all and brought them in only so they wouldn’t freeze this winter…..I guess they were so thankful for some attention that they rewarded me with these blooms…I have two more pots with buds on them too.

I bought this little SEED swing at Lowe’s about two weeks ago for the BIRDS and guess who has found it…..I had just told DH that he had to kill off some of the squirrels before they had babies ( there were 5 on the ground under the feeders at the time.) and then I saw this and thought it was precious enough for a picture anyhow…they gotta eat too ,  right…..wrong , not at the bird feeders….

Janet...z7.
    Find more about Weather in Sharpsburg, GA

#4927889 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Here is our family’s celebrity….#382 incubated, and raised in my DIL’s kitchen.  Ok, my DS’s kitchen as well.  Only it was DIL and the DGDs who were a team in this Monarch being let free to get back home south.  Praying that he made it.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#4928213 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

Beautiful pictures here today all.  Welcome dsp from NE Wisconsin.  Ga Girls, I found one just like that at the Tractor Store.  DH said he could make me one just like it in the shop at school.  I am still waiting for it..LOL.

Hummingbird moth on flowers

narnian
    narnian
    Participant

Poke berries are pretty…just not in your yard!…..here are some columbines…

#4928576 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Welcome D from Z.9 California.. where finally getting some needed rain…Lovely shots everyone…

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#4928589 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

PS.   Gayle or anyone …. I clicked down under line (Add..) and siggy not showing…

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.