Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Monday 5/19/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Pics Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Monday 5/19/14

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Monday picture thread. As spring is getting more and more settled in now I’m looking forward to more and more pictures posted. Everyone is invited to post the picture or pictures of their choice.

My columbine has finally decided to bloom a little

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5145606 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

What a lovely columbine….I am jealous because I have no luck with them wintering over.  I see I have a couple that I started from seed shared by Karen last year.  Time will tell if they bloom.

Tulips for me…and Steve take notice that my yellow hybrid dandys made it through the winter….lol

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5145613 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

My columbine is not blooming yet.  Most of them are still small seedlings.

Charlene those type of hybrid plants always make it through the winter.

Spirea is blooming

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5145706 Report Abuse
    abeyl
    abeyl
    Participant

One of my rose bushes. Abey

#5145902 Report Abuse
    SandraRW
    SandraRW
    Participant

Hi Steve, I like that color of Columbine. Do you save the seeds. Mine have already bloomed and I am now collecting seeds. 

This is one of my areas of flowers. To the left is more and the center has a fish and frog pond. I need to get some of the cannas dug up again. It multiplies too fast.Most of the big plants are products from Plants Delight Nursery near Raleigh. They have a great catalog if you are interested in unique perennials. They have open house sales 4 times a year. The rest of the time it is mail order only. 

Here is an Amaryllis that is blooming in the back yard this week

The cabbage is really big in the garden. I cooked some last night.

I have three areas that has Red Hot Poker and they put on beautiful long stems and then fall over each year. We think our soil stays too rich and humid for them. They are in different areas around our house and garden trying to figure out a spot that they will not fall over once they turn orange. 

Anyone else had problems with them always falling down?

#5145916 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Charlene… Your tulips are just beautiful. I don’t have such good luck with them… Well maybe its more than luck. Maybe your just plain good. I see you are also really good with your “hybrid” dandelions lol.

Gayle… That spirea is a beauty. Looks like its got lots of blooms on it…… If this is the first year for your columbine they probably won’t bloom this year although I know Molly tried to start some seeds early in hopes she could get some blooms this year.

Abey… Your rosebush is looking great. It sure has lots of pretty roses on it. I bet you can smell the sweet fragrance when you get near all those blooms.

Sandra… I like your columbine as well. Guess your a couple weeks ahead of me. I do know its warmer down that way. I did save some seeds last year and I sent Molly some. That is also a nice flower bed as well as your amaryllis. Your cabbage looks like its a little ahead of mine. My Mom used to grow the red hot poker and it too always fell over. 

Thanks everyone for todays great pictures and comments.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.