Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Friday 7/25/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Friday 7/25/14

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Friday picture thread. Looking forward to lots of beautiful pictures today.

Got these zinnia seeds from Charlene. Think she said they are something like lime zinnias. Maybe she’ll come along and tell us the name since they have escaped my poor little mind.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5267603 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

You must have quite a few zinnias blooming, Steve.  I’m still waiting.

Daisies

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5267613 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Steve, very  beautiful flower… Gayle, pretty Daisies…

Bee Balm

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by mmarnee mmarnee.
    #5267615 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

Steve another nice  Zinna how many different colors do you have ?

Gayle black eye susan are one of the staples in my garden this year , You can’t go wrong with them and white daisy in my opinion .

MMarnee bee balm is one of my garden favorites of course I have many favorite lol.  I have the magenta , purple , lavender & red bee balm but I sure do like the pink . I’ll have to put them on my want list for next year . very pretty .

Roses that I cut down this spring

Lilies

star gazers that lost it color

Find more about Weather in Lupton, MI

#5267643 Report Abuse
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

Red hot poker from Caross. They were mystery seeds last year. :)

Sandy M.

#5267654 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Steve…..yes. that is what it is called….Lime Megellan zinnia….glad they are growing for you!

Very lovely flowers everyone….Sandy, looks like you scored big time from the mystery seed exchange.

I found some old seed from Tinctoria Coreopsis.   They grew and I have 3 different ones

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5267669 Report Abuse
    iris43
    iris43
    Participant

O-oh!  Such great flowers already this morning.  Very nice zinnia, Steve.  Your BES are blooming ahead of mine, Gayle.  I have a new BB, mmarnee, that a friend shared with me this year.  Yours is blooming beautifully.  Sandy K, your lilies are beautiful.  You did a good job growing those torch lilies, Sandy.  What an interesting flower the tinctoria coreopsis is, Charlene.

I got out and took some new pictures yesterday.  Here’s a shot of the garden along the west side of the house.

A new fountain on my back deck

And the beebalm my friend shared with me

#5267680 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

Photo

A daylily from a friend, I just love it.

Beautiful flowers all,

Sandy M,  Red hot poker looking good

Carol

#5267703 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

What a show!!!  Steve, I think that’s a Green Envy Zinnia… everybodys pictures are just great…Char, I think you share some of your Tinctorias C. with me when we were in Sanger and those Bee Balms are a must to try in the future….I’ll be begging for seeds????  the Hummer’s pic not good, I had the camera in the wrong setting…he was so close to my chair…

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by ili Z.9 ili Z.9.
    #5267832 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

OK people.  Those are not my BES.  They are just some type of yellow Daisy that came from a mixed seed pack one time.  BES are shorter & different leaves.

These are my BES a couple of years ago.

Another picture of them

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Gayle Gayle.
    #5267854 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Gayle… You do have some pretty dasies. Those should attract some pretty butterflies too.

Marnee… Thats some pretty bee balm. I know your hummers appreciate you growing those. 

Sandy K… Those are pretty roses. Hopefully they’ll  grow back. Your lilies are so pretty as well. I sure hope I can get some to grow next spring. Most of mine didn’t survive this past winter………..Not sure how many colors of zinnias I have but I do know I still  have at least one more I’ve not yet posted this year.

Sandy M… Your red hot pokers are pretty. Looks like you done really well with your mystery seeds.

Charlene… Oh my those coreopsis are some real beauties. I keep being amazed at how many different flowers there are for us to enjoy.

Noreen… You have some really pretty flowers in that garden. Nice fountain as well. I bet that trickling water is a nice soothing sound. Thats also some really pretty bee balm.

Carol… Thats a really pretty day lily that your friend  gave you. No wonder you like it so well.

Ili… Its always great seeing hummingbirds at our feeders and getting a picture of them. Your pink flower is a real beauty.

Gayle… Those black eyed susans was really doing well. They really look like you had lots of blossoms.

Thanks everyone for the great pictures today and this past week as well as the comments. We’ll pick this thread back up on Monday.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.