Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Friday 5/23/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Pics Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Friday 5/23/14

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Friday picture thread. Everyone is invited to post the picture or pictures of their choice.

Kousa Dogwood

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

#5146925 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Steve, very pretty Dogwood.

My Lupine is called “Camelot Blue” but it looks more purple to me. Charlene, I planted my yellow Lupine in a container and early this spring I moved it to the Hummingbird garden and so far it isn’t very big.

#5146927 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Pretty Lupine.  Won’t grow here.  My son just bough one a couple weeks ago at a plant sale & has it in a container with Bee Balm.  We’ll see how his does.  He’s a little north of me & his neighbor has a beautiful one growing outside the front door.

My Dappled Willow is blooming.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5146959 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

It sure looks like Spring here today….love the Dogwood and Willow….and you know I LOVE the lupine!  I lost several lupine this winter, but I see that I have a few that survived.  They will not be blooming for a few weeks.  Mary….I have planted several of the yellow lupine in different areas.  I have a couple to share with Kathy and a couple to give Lair.  Yours is beautiful, Mary.

I am sure you are getting sick of my tulips.  I will soon be able to move on to other flowers.

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5147005 Report Abuse
    Lair
    Lair
    Participant

I sure wish this thread was still in Garden Chat.  I always checked it out before but now I just don’t ever think of trying to find it every day .  It isn’t that difficult but just a few more steps to get over here.  Don’t know if I’m lazy or just old.  Nice pictures today.  Lair 

#5147041 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Char, don’t worry, love to see your Tulips, not to many around here anymore, don’t last at all.   And yes, I still have to remember where the pic post is at…

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5147043 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

I planted a few Sunflower seeds along the fence…guess what…only 2 have grown right in the middle of the flower bed, so now I have these humangeos (sp) plants crowding everything else…well, at least hope they bloom pretty

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by ili Z.9 ili Z.9.
    #5147064 Report Abuse
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

Beautiful pictures everyone…

LAIR…..I always look over to the right side and the List of Forums is there….Look under gardening and it is the last one under that title. Then pick out the date of the GARDEN Pictures you want to see or post on and waaaa laaaa.

STEVE  is that dogwood also called the Japanese Dogwood…my daughter has one that she calls the JD and it blooms a month after the rest of the native dogwoods do….and it looks like yours.

GAYLE   is that willow going to stay a bush or become a large willow tree??????  It is very pretty.

remember last year that I had a LUPINE come up and did great .  This year it didn’t come back.

There is one thing that the bad  winter did not kill and that is……………………..GRASS & WEEDS

LOL   , no that is not funny.    Have a great weekend everyone.   Here is a picture of a ceramic flower that I found at the Goodwill store this morning…going to put in yard somewhere….

It is about the height of a cookie jar……that is because that is what it is….

Janet...z7.
    Find more about Weather in Sharpsburg, GA

#5147093 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

I enjoyed looking at everyone’s pictures.  I don’t have that many flowers in my garden.  I did take these when I went bird watching.  They are wild, but pretty anyways.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5147162 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Janet the Dappled Willow is  a bush .  Won’t ever look like a willow tree but the bush itself can become quite large.  I fight to keep it manageable.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5147196 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Marnee… Thats a pretty lupine. I did manage to get some lupines to bloom last spring but they didn’t return this year. I do have a couple of small plants coming up from the seeds last year. We’ll see if they survive the summer and come back next spring.

Gayle… Your dappled willow is a pretty bush. Hope you are able to keep it trimmed down. It sure is full of pretty blossoms.

Charlene… Those tulips are beauties. I don’t think we could ever get tired of tulips. Theres such a big variety of them and they are all beautiful. I’m looking forward to seeing your yellow lupine when it blooms.

Lair… Glad you found us today and got to see todays pictures. I fully understand people wanting the pictures and the chat in the same forum but for now its all we have. Hopefully in the future that will be changed back to the way it used to be.

Ili… Nice pictures of the house finch and that pretty red flower. That sunflower is growing nicely in there. Hope we get to see pictures of the big yellow bloom pretty soon.

Janet… The Kousa Dogwood is Japanese so its likely the same as your daughter has and yes it does bloom later than our native dogwoods do. Also has large berries or fruits on it as well. Thats a nice cookie jar. Be sure when you put it outside to fill it with cookies, just in case I pass through.

Stella… Yes those do look good. Often what we call weeds also have pretty flowers on them. In fact today I dug up a couple of what most folks call weeds and moved them to my yard. I call them wild milkweed and hope they live and attract monarchs.

Thanks everyone for these great pictures and comments today. This weekend lets be sure to keep our garden chat board lively and we’ll pick this thread back up on Monday.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.