Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Friday 5/16/15

Home Forums Gardening Garden Pics Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Friday 5/16/15

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Friday picture thread. We invite everyone to finish up the week by posting the picture or pictures of your choice. Looking forward to some great Friday pictures.

Foxglove I got last year from Michigan Bulb. Had to wait for a year but looks like it was a wait worth waiting for.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5144592 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

That looks good Steve.  I do believe MB is doing much better with their plants than they used to.

The Hyacinth photo I posted yesterday is  not the same as the Spring Hyacinths that bloom with the Tulips & Daffodils.  It is smaller than those & blooms later.

Solomon’s Seal

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5144610 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

My Clematis is just starting to bloom

#5144664 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Steve….those are beautiful…well worth the wait!  Gayle….thanks for that pic.  I need to see if mine is up and I also need to ask Kathy if hers survived.  I’d be willing to share with her if hers didn’t.

Mary….what a beautiful clematis….and great pics!

I have a few more daffodils blooming.

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5144722 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Wanted to ck it out today!  Beautiful pics, everyone!  Mm, I especially love your clementis!  I have to get busy taking some pocs again!  Maybe I will even post some pics in this thread some day!  Lol!

#5144734 Report Abuse
    abeyl
    abeyl
    Participant

I’m not sure if I showed this? A yellow knockout rose. Abey

#5144754 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

It is so nice to see what is blooming around N.America…Those are healthy looking Foxgloves……My different color scheme for my frontdoor…Had to move Hydrangeas that were beaten by the sun/heat…

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by ili Z.9 ili Z.9.
    #5144969 Report Abuse
    SandraRW
    SandraRW
    Participant

My yard is full of blooms! Here are three.

Here is a third generation white rose.. It smells wonderful. My Mom got it from my paternal grandmother. I dug it up, divided it into three parts and planted them in my yard this year. They all are covered in blooms. The plant seemed to thank me for dividing it.I am not sure of the name of this iris, but it has treated me with 20-30 blooms this year

This unique Dogwood is differnt in shape from the natural dogwoods in our yard. I think this one was part of an Arbor day package deal. 

#5145038 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Gayle… Your Solomon Seal is a pretty plant. The color of the leaves reminds me of hostas a lot.

Marnee… Those are  some pretty clematis. Mine just decided to bloom about a week ago. They certainly are some pretty vines.

Charlene… What pretty daffodils those are. I bet you agree those white are a much prettier white than the white you’ve been looking at all winter lol.

Marg… Welcome to our picture thread. Glad you were able to peek in at these great pictures today. Go ahead and get your camera focused and snap snap snap. We welcome all the pictures we can get here.

Abey… Your yellow knockout rose is a beauty. I am so looking forward to roses blooming here and getting a good sniff of their fragrance.

Ili… Thats a beautiful entrance to your home. Its obvious that you put a lot of thought and work into making your home look welcoming.

Sandra… I absolutely love that beautiful white rose. I can almost smell it just from your picture. Your iris also looks great. That dogwood is pretty as well. I too have one of those and its a Kousa Dogwood. It should have some big berry like fruits on it later in the summer and even the squirrels eat those……….Glad to see you posting with us today and hope to see more of your pictures.

Thanks everyone for todays great pictures and comments. This weekend be sure to check out and take part in Sandy’s weekend picture thread and then on Monday we’ll pick this one back up. Have a great  weekend.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.